11

Juliet's POV

"I'm sorry sorry I'm late, Emma." I said, running into the room she told me to meet her in.

"That's no problem at all. Could you please help me?" She asked, she we sitting in a wooden chair next to a table, sewing a piece of cloth in her hand.

"Sure. What with?" I asked, sitting in the chair opposite to her.

"I  stitching up the old clothing." She said, gesturing to a small pile of clothes on the floor.

"Oh, sure. I did this in my last loop." I said. It was the truth. The others always made me do the extra chores. I grabbed a dress and a needle and thread.

"So what took you so long?" Emma asked, tying a knot with the thread.

"Oh, just, lost track of time. I was talking with Jake." I said, and she nodded.

"Do you like him?" She smirked.

"Wha—ow!" I got distracted and poked my finger with the needle. "Now of course not." I laughed and shook my hand in pain.

"Okay." Emma replied as if she didn't believe me.

"Oh, speaking of Jake, I need to tell you something, but promise not to tell anyone. Jake is in on this." I said.

"Of course."

"Jake and I think Enoch is trying to make me jealous, so Jake offered to be my fake boyfriend to get back at him." I whispered.

"That seems like a fool proof plan." She laughed

Time flew by fast. The wholes in the clothes weren't big, so that saved time. I was just about ready to leave when Hugh ran in.

"Juliet? Can we talk?" He asked. I nodded and we walked down to the garden.

"What's up, Hugh?" I asked.

"Look. I know Fiona told you about us, but I'm having an issue." Hesighed.

"Fire away." I said.

"Fiona has been more distant. I don't know why, but I barely see her anymore. She's always with Horace." He said.

"Have you talked to her about it?"

"Yes, but she always says it's nothing." He replied.

"How about this: I'll talk to her about this after supper?" I offered.

"Thank you so much." He smiled and went in for a hug, but backed away.

"Don't worry. Bees don't bother me." I laughed and hugged him.

"Hugh, Miss Peregrine wants y— what are you doing here?" I pulled back and saw Enoch with his arms crossed.

"Helping a friend." I said.

"Well Miss Peregrine wants Hugh to pollinate the flowers." Enoch said, pointing his thumb back over his shoulder. Hugh nodded and ran to the garden.

I turned around to walk away.

"Juliet, wait." Enoch said, making me sigh in annoyment.

"What?" I turned around and rose an eyebrow.

"Uh— n—nothing. Never mind." He shook his head.

"That's what I thought. I bet Olive's looking for you right now." I sassesd. He didn't respond. He only walked away.

I went to my room to get ready for supper. I really liked how much Hugh cared for Fiona, so I was determined to help him. I wore a white dress that reached just above my knees, and I put my hair up in a loose bun.

"May I come in, girlfriend?" I heard someone knock, which made me giggle.

"Of course, Jake." I rolled my eyes. He walked in, whpearing a baby blue dress shirt and blue jeans.

"Can u get my sweater in the closet?" I asked him. He nodded and walked to the dresser.

"No way!" I heard him gasp.

"What?" I asked, finishing my hair.

"You have a GreenDay shirt!" He exclaimed.

"Yeah. I watched their concert before I was in the loop." I said.

"What year were you born in?" Jake asked, handing me a grey sweater.

"1927." I said. "I'm only 16."

"So your sort of my age." Jake said.

"How old are the others?" I asked, putting on a little blush.

"Well I'm 17, Enoch is 18, but you already know that. Fiona is 13, Hugh is 14, Bronwny is 10, Horace is 15, Millard is 14, Claire is 9, Emma is 17 and so is Olive. I don't know how old the twins are." He answered.

"Well I'm finished. Let's eat." I said getting up.

***
Hey, I don't know, but something happened to this chapter while I was looking over the chapter. This one was cut off, so I had to finish it.
-Cali
***