05

Juliet's POV

I walked downstairs with Claire and Bronwn.

"Lee, is everything okay?" Emma asked me when I got downstairs.

"Yeah. Enoch and I just got into a fight. Again." I sighed.

"He'll get over it soon." Emma said.

"I just can't get over what happened to Victor." I said, changing the subject.

"Did Enoch tell you? Ever since he died he's been blaming it on you. It's not your fault." Emma crossed her arms.

"It is my fault though." I argued.

"It's not. He's just upset about you leaving." Emma replied.

"Isn't everyone?" I murmured to myself. "Where is he anyway?"

"After he slammed the door, he went to his room. Olive is trying to get him to come out." She explained.

"Well I should start with my chores. Feel free to look around." Emma said. I walked to the window and observed. The twins and Claire played on the see-saw, Hugh and Millard played soccer, Horace read his book in the grass, and Jake was helping Emma with something by the tree.

"Are you looking for something to do, Miss Blackwood?" I turned around and saw Miss Peregrine.

"Actually, I am." I said.

"Do you mind helping Olive cook supper for tonight?" She asked.

"I would love to." I smiled. Just then, Olive came downstairs.

"He wouldn't come out of his room, Miss Peregrine." She sighed.

"That is quite alright. Thank you, Olive. Miss Blackwood, will be assisting you with cooking supper later." Miss Peregrine informed, and Olive nodded and walked into the kitchen.

"You can just call me Juliet." I told Miss Peregrine .

"Of course. You know, it's lovely having you back, Juliet." Miss Peregrine smiled.

"It's great to be back." I smiled back.

"Now go help Olive." She put a hand on my back. I nodded and headed to the kitchen. I walked into the kitchen and saw Olive standing by the doorway leading to the garden.

"Hey, Olive." I greeted.

"Oh, hey. I'm just waiting for Bronwyn." Olive said.

"For what?" I asked. Just then Bronwyn walked in, hauling a huge carrot in.

"This." Olive giggled. She patted Bronwyn's head and Bronwyn skipped outside.

"We have to cook this?" My eyes widened at the carrot.

"Yes. This, peas, potatoes, and there's a chicken for Miss Peregrine and Claire." Olive said, getting some pans out of the cupboard.

"Wow. That's a lot. If I burn anything then you can back me up." I laughed.

"Great. I bet you'd be a better cook than Emma." Olive giggled.

"I'll cook the potatoes and peas, you can do the chicken and carrot." Olive said, pouring a bag of giant peas into a large bowl.

"Olive? Where's the chicken?" I asked, looking in the fridge.

"Oh, well, the farm is out back." Olive said.

"Wait. I have to actually kill a chicken?" My eyes widened.

"Uh, yeah. If you're uncomfortable—"

"It's fine. I'll find away." I mumbled the last part. I made my way outside and to the small farm outside. I walked into the pen and looked around at the chickens running around.

"Need help?" I turned around and saw Jake standing there with an amuse look on his face.

"Actually, yeah." I chuckled, a little embarrassed.

"Don't worry. I do this everyday." Jake said.

"Really?" I asked a little shocked.

"Yeah. I mean. It comes back the next day." He shrugged. I laughed.

"Yeah, I guess."

"Well we have to feed them first." Jake explained. He walked to the corner of the pen where there was a crate. He reached into a brown bag and pulled a handful of seeds out, then walked over to me.

"Let me teach you." He said. He kneeled down, and I kneeled next to him. He started throwing a few seeds, then the chickens started pecking at then. "Here." He put some seeds in my hand and I tossed them.

"This is so cool." I said in awe as I observed the chickens that were close to us.

"Yeah. They're amazing." He smiled at me.

Enoch's POV

Olive finally left my room. I'm still pretty mad at Juliet, so I. Trying to avoid her as much a possible. I walked over to the window and looked outside.

I watched Millard and Hugh play soccer, like always, while Horace did a bogus job at being a ref. I also saw Emma reading a book to Bronwyn and Fiona, and the twins and Clair running around. I looked over at the pens and saw Juliet. With Jake.

I felt something weird inside me as I watched Jake put something in her hand and smile at her.

It's not jealousy. It's not.

***
Ooooooooo
Pls vote❤️
-Cali
***