Chapter 10

"At times I wonder why I fool with you
But this is new to me, this is new to you
Initially, I didn't wanna fall for you
Gather my attention it was all for you, so don't
Take advantage, don't leave my heart damaged
To understand that things go a little bit better when you plan it"

Location - Khalid

Dave

It had been a couple days since Janae and Dave hung out. He had mental note to call her but never really got around to doing so. He had wanted to take her out but shit was getting hectic with "work".

See Dave wasn't a 9-5 type of guy and most who knew him were well aware of what he did and didn't do. Dave had been ripping and running the street since he was 14. He had been playing ball since as long as he could remember so he had always had an ear to the streets.

He spent most of his time at the park, working on his technique but when the sun went down Dave was back in his mother apartment sorting out the pounds of weed he had acquired and needed to sell. As time went on and Dave got older, weed turned into pills and pills turned into white.

All that added up to more money.

Dave had put in 10 plus years in this game, he no longer had to hold down a corner or sell a dime bag or two to make ends meet. But he had to sit back and listen to a run down of his entire organization every fucking Monday.

Him and Wayno started this shit from the ground up, Wayno was about 16 when he had met a young Dave. They vowed that after they both started having kids they'd slow down. But with the birth of Kaiya came time for Dave to realize that the love he had for the game had to change.

Dave had been rapping since he was young cat, didn't start taking it serious until about a couple years when a series of unfortunate events occurred in his life. He lost his favorite cousin, got kicked out of school and the dreams of going to the NBA were now to dust.

One of the reasons Dave hung out at the park was to steer the young guys in the right direction. The ones he saw going hard on the court he put under his wing. He knew what ball dreams could do for a young kid from the hood. Shit that was almost his life, but he was stubborn and into doing shit his own way, on his own time.

"Dave" Wayno spoke getting him out his thoughts.

"Huh?"

"Where your head at nigga?" Wayno laughed.

"Thinking.."

"What you thinking about?"

"What happened to us leaving the game after we started having kids ?"

"Bills, on top of bills ... Having money in our pockets ... eating" Wayno began to list a bunch of reasons.

"I'm serious man"

"Well that's why we in this studio, getting it poppin" Wayno looked at Dave seriously.

"I mean yeah I'm here laying down tracks, I haven't dropped a mix tape since Freaky left us"

"Which means the hood needs you my man" Wayno leaned forward into his seat looking straight at Dave.

"You ever thought about going back to school?" Dave asked out of curiosity.

Wayno's face scrunched up.

"Well first I'd have attend a school first" Wayno said, causing both men to laugh.