Chapter 23

Dave

I stood there looking at her, she had no idea what she wanted to say or do next. I was going to break all the fucking way through.

"I'm waiting" I stood back and looked at her.

She rolled her eyes and ignored me turning to walk towards her gate and I ran up on her, stopping her.

"Oh my god, move!" She yelled, I was blocking her way.

"Nah we gonna talk"

"I don't want to talk, I already said what I had to say" she pushed me but stood my ground.

"And still more shit for you to hear"

She rolled her eyes and looked over at King who seemed to be entertained.

"Hear me the fuck out"

"What part of I DON'T WANT TO, don't you get"

"I'm not saying you gotta jump ship with me but cut a nigga some slack"

"Yeah and I'll be cutting every hoe bitch in New York City some slack too get out my face!" She waved her hand in my face.

I grabbed her hand quickly which caused King to react.

"Okay" he clapped.

"Ya doing way too much and you know your neighbors talk. It's really time for you to go Dave, like no disrespect this ain't the time or place"

"I ain't going nowhere till she listen to me"

"Get the fuck off me" she said through gritted teeth.

" I fucked up!" I yelled at her.

"I'm glad you know, now let me go"

"I just wanna work it out, but you bugging out"

"I don't want you and I don't want to work nothing out" She rolled her eyes and snatched her hand out my grasp.

"I'm tired of you fucking grabbing me and man handling me, I don't want to see you pop up at  my job nor at my house. Next time I'm fucking calling the cops if you do. Now move" she ordered.

"Fuck outta here" I grilled her.

"You need to get the fuck outta here before I wild the fuck out and this shit becomes a bigger scene"

She brushed past me, throwing the gift I got her on the ground, opening her gate she walked up her steps. I had to think of something to say and get he attention. I bent down and picked up the gift box and looked at it.

"Fuck you!"I threw the gift at her feet as she entered her door.

I hopped back in my whip and started the car, I had to go get my daughter anyway and didn't have time for this bullshit.

***

"Yo, Lu just texted me telling me Max and his minion still want to meet, you think this nigga want to merge?" Wayno asked me.

"And if he do that's a negative" I took a tote from the blunt.

"Well what you gonna do ? I think we should meet this nigga"

Max was an older head that put me on back in the day when I was in my late teens, nigga always had dough on him no matter the season or time of day he was banking. He met me through a few of my queens niggas and thought I was a good look. He put me on under his wing, showed me how I could flip my bricks and more. After fucking with him for so long I was on the rise to come up, I had scholarships for college which caused me to leave New York, but down in the DMV I was that nigga. I elevated our business to a whole another level, I was closer to our DC connects and trips to Atlanta were not that far if I flew.