Chapter 39

"They want to run down on me
When they see me them niggas is mad at me
So I walk around with it
Cause they plottin' and I keep that bag on me
I was a clown to them hatin' niggas
Yeah they used to laugh at me
Now I got to hold it down
Case a nigga feel like he want to come after"

Bag on Me - A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie

Janae

I woke up to the sound of music playing from outside the bedroom. The sun was peaking through the curtains, the rays hit my face a little. I smiled at the thought of a sunny day, I rolled over to my back and looked up at the ceiling.

The room door opened and I turned to see Dave in a pair of sweats, shirtless. He looked at me and smiled.

"What you smiling for ?" I asked him.

"A nigga can't smile? He need a reason?" He laughed.

"Yes he do" I joked.

"I'm smiling because you here"

"You so corny, I could sleep some more" I yawned.

"You could, I'm about to head out, get us some breakfast"

"You couldn't cook?"

"I need to go food shopping, we can do that later if you don't have to study" he tried to be slick.

"You know I always have to study, but we can go, after I get some sleep"

"Aight, let me get out of here. I'll be back in 30 minutes, gonna hit up Dirty Kitchen"

"Ooouuu yessss" I wiggled under the sheets.

"I would ask for a kiss but" he started laughing.

"Man f you, I don't want one anyhow" I turned over to fall back asleep.

***

I had finally gotten up and showered. I was in Dave's room getting dressed when I heard him finally come in. I finished getting ready before I walked out to go do my makeup.

"You good?" He asked bumping into me as I as going to the bathroom.

"Yeah, are you?" I laughed.

"Yeah, I don't know why I decided on Dirty Kitchen on a Saturday morning. Shit was jammed packed. Then I forgot I had told Mia I would pick up Kaiya today" he shook his head.

"Yeah I slept a whole another hour and half and showered"

"Never again, but the foods here and I'm sorry I can't wait for your face to be put on"

"Oh whatever" I waved him off and went to do my face.