Chapter 30

"You always on my mind
True talk girl I ain't lyin'
I'm tryna make you mine
Let me set you free and watch you fly" 

Set You Free - Bryson Tiller

Janae

"King?" I called King's name he was staring at me shocked at the story I just told him.

"I thought I taught you better" he screamed with dramatic antics.

I laughed at his silliness he knew me like a book but this he didn't expect this.

"Was it any good?"

"Yeah I guess so but listen! Lisa told me Miguel invited her us to Ace and since I didn't stay for your birthday I'd like for you to come with" I smiled.

"Ace? When is it ? I gotta check my schedule" he rolled his eyes.

"Boy please and tomorrow night" I laughed.

"You got me real fucked up, but I'm free. Is Shanice going ? You know she loves some of Miguel"

"Of course she's going, can't leave my sister girl out to dry like that"

"Did you invite Thunder Cat ?"

"No I did not, you know him and Miguel can't be in the same room together"

"Okay, good. Don't need another shootout to break out. I'm getting tired of ducking low when he comes around" King joked.

"Cut it out" I laughed.

"It's true, your little feline friend be on a thousand. No one ever told him he should look into anger management classes?" King shook his head.

"You too much this morning I can't stand you"

"You love me bitch" King grinned.

"So, do you guys think you can give it another shot?"

"What? Dating ?"

"Yeah, I mean a real shot this time"

"I don't know, I kind of like our friendship. Now that everything is out in the open or whatever" I shook my head.

"But?" King waited for me to continue.

"I just feel like we'd fuck it up by adding a title to it right now"

"But if you don't he's free to do whatever and so are you"

"That's true"

"So ?"

"I don't know, I like the few times we hung out minus what we did, he's actually pretty fun to be around."

"The drug dealer is fun? Who would have known"

"I'm serious King" I slapped King's arm playfully.

"I all I hear is a premature sprung bitch"

"What?!" I laughed.

"Yeah keep laughing, by Christmas this man gonna have you living in his crib"

"Living in his crib? Isn't that a little too far" I eyed him.

"You gonna have a draw" King laughed.

"Whatever man"

"So what we celebrating tomorrow night?"

"I have no clue I just know Miguel told Lisa to come and she invited all of us" I smiled.

"Now I have to think of a fit"