Chapter 96

Dave

Janae and I laid in the king sized bed I had just purchased. It was the only thing in the new apartment. There was no new bed frame for it yet or sheets but we laid out on it while it stayed covered in plastic. She laid peacefully quiet, me not knowing what she was thinking, I moved a little closer to her.

"What you thinking about?" I asked her.

"About everything, how my baby going to look. What going to happen when I don't know how to do something for the baby. Giving birth" she shook her head.

"But I'm also thinking about how I hurt you"

"Hurt me? You ain't hurt me" I partially lied.

"Yes I did, I said some shit I wouldn't want said to me. I know you love me and want what's best for us. But sometimes I just wanna feel free. Like I can decide on things without having to run it by anyone. I do want you to know I'm not going back to school until the spring. No matter what way I looked at it, Easton comes first, before you or me." She grabbed my hand.

"Heard JU" I kissed her cheek, making her blush.

"Why you not kissing me on my lips?" She asked.

"You still on time out" I laughed.

"Whatever, tell me what you thinking about"

"The clean or the dirty version?" I joked.

"Clean then dirty" she laughed.

"I'm thinking about how much I've grown since we've been together. As a unit, a couple and now as soon to be parents. You legit a real one and all I ever want to do is cater to you. Make you feel special, protect that ass when you wildin' and let you know that I'm here for you in all aspects" I rubbed her belly.

Feeling a kick, I jumped a little.

"Oh shittttt" I smirked.

"Oh my God, babe he likes your voice" Janae laughed.

I kept feeling him kick some more, I ran my hand to the other side and felt it again.

"Hey little man! What you up in there doing? You kicking your mom around?" I laughed, but he kept responding with kicks.

"I love you little guy, and be nice to your mom. She's really pretty and she going to give you the best hugs and kisses"

"I could give you a hug and kiss now" Jay looked at me.

"Dirty version, I wanna fuck you so bad but I gotta remember what I'm dealing with" I looked at belly.

"You missed me?"

"Of course I did, I still do. But you know we been good since we ain't around each other as much"

"I know, I know.. I was just saying. I just want to be better as a unit for our family."

"Thank you for believing in me and for carrying my son" I kissed her forehead.

"Do I get a diamond crown to go with my necklace as my push gift?"

"Girl, you wilding" I laughed at her.

"Okay, I want what you think I should get"

"Come on, I need to get you home and I gotta go take care a few things" I got up from the mattress and stuck my hand out to help her up.

"Easton Amir Brewster"

"Amir?"

"Middle name"