Chapter 89

Dave

I followed the nurse towards the room where they had Jay. Before entering the room, I took a deep breath. I was scared to see how she may look.

After talking myself into going in I pushed open the door. Looking over to a peaceful looking Jay, she looked like she had gotten into a fight. Face was a little swollen, black eye and a busted lip. I stood at the foot of her bed and looked at her. I didn't know what to do or what to say.

Walking over to the side of her, I placed my hand over her belly and prayed for my little person. Leaning over I kissed her forehead softly, making sure to be gentle.

"Baby" I heard her say in a faint voice.

Causing me to move back quickly and look at her, she barely opened her eyes.

"Babe?" She called again softly.

"Shhhh, I'm here, don't speak" I grabbed her hand with my free one.

She gave my hand a squeeze, I kissed her knuckles.

"What's all this noise?"

"You're in the hospital babe, we had a car accident"

She tried to open her eyes but blinked them shut.

"Turn the light off please"

I walked over to the door and turned off the lights. Turning back towards her, she groaned.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"No, are you okay? I'm good"

"The baby, babe? How's the baby? Did I lose the baby? I lost the baby didn't I?" She began to cry.

"Baby, no, no, no the baby is fine. Your baby tree is perfectly fine" I kissed her knuckles again and wiped her tears.

"Sure?"

"Positive baby"

I pulled up a chair to her bed side and sat down.

"Baby heart beat was good they told us, baby a fighter like his daddy" I laughed a little.

She placed our hands over her belly and caressed her belly.

"You scared me" I admitted.

"I couldn't find you anywhere and they wouldn't tell me where you were and if they knew anything about the baby"

She slowly closed her eyes, I felt her body become at ease. She was falling asleep.

"I love you girl, I promise to never let nothing like this happen to you or my baby again" I kissed her knuckles.

Hearing a knock at the door, Alba walked in with tears in the rim of her eyes. She came and stood by where I sat.

"Dave one day you'll fully understand Jaime, you have a daughter. I am not saying it makes what he says and how he acts right but you'll understand when your baby girl is much older. These little girls idolized you, they love you unconditionally and then suddenly one day your no longer their hero, they find someone else to talk to and someone new to love" Alba spoke softly.

"So you can't blame a father who would give his life to see his child happy. Janae has always been good kid, she is a good kid. My baby is growing up, making me the proudest mother there could be. She changed when she met you, she started having fun and living like a real 20 year old" she laughed a little as she caressed her face.