Chapter 70

Paris looked around the first floor of her walkup. With the divorce becoming final, Paris retained the rights to this property but, the more she thought about it, the more she wanted to sell it and buy elsewhere. New York was great and exciting at the start of her and Doyle's marriage but it was now only an inconvenient reminder of her failed marriage. It was also somewhat awkward for her when Jamie came by. She saw him filling the same space that Doyle once did and it filled her with unease.

Knowing the walkup was a pain would likely not deter prospective buyers due to the location. It was in a very desirable area, one that would fetch quite a price that would be well above the mortgage that remained. The equity alone would likely come close to paying for a new home in its entirety.

The idea became more and more appealing to her. Paris' fertility clinic was in a nice area that happened to be surrounded by numerous suburbs of affluent homes. She could easily find a new house and quick.

Her decision made, Paris grabbed her phone to look up realtor that one of her employees had used and liked. Finding the number, she dialed the office and set up an appointment for that very afternoon.

Moving on wasn't always easy but if she ever wanted to be happy again, it was necessary.

*****

Michel was spending the afternoon at the Dragonfly Inn, filling in for Lorelai. She mentioned wanting to be able to make sure Rory got settled once released from the hospital and, since Aubrey was off today, he volunteered to cover the front desk.

Minding his own business, he stood behind the tall desk, working on the website for the spa. He tried to continually keep the online sites for both the inn and the spa updated at all times so that current information was available to potential customers.

The front door opened but Michel did not look up. He was too engrossed in proof reading what he had typed regarding the spa's therapeutic offerings but quickly realized a guest was quietly waiting for a greeting. He looked up and immediately gasped.

Standing in front of him was the one and only Jennifer Lawrence.

Words failed him in that moment. All he could think to say was something he would later cringe at upon remembering: "Welcome to our inn, Katniss."

Jennifer chuckled. "Thank you, although I prefer Jennifer. Katniss is my alter ego and she doesn't get out much."

Michel was unable to stop an over-the-top laugh from erupting. "Oh, that's funny. You're funny."

"Well, it's how I make my living."

Another laugh boiled over, this one causing Jennifer to look a little uncomfortable.

Stop it! You've always wanted Jennifer Lawrence to stay here and now that she is, you're scaring her away.

Michel cleared his throat. "I'm sorry. I am a fan of yours and wasn't expecting to see you standing in front of me just now."

Jennifer's gaze softened. "I know that I'm a famous actress but I'm not any more special than you."

Did she just call me special?

"You're very kind, Ms. Lawrence. Do you have a reservation or are you wanting to reserve a room?"

"I don't have a reservation. I was told about this inn from Dexter Schmid. He said the accommodations were wonderful and the staff very helpful when he stayed here last year while filming his last movie. Can you list my room under a fictitious name though?"

"Oh, for you, anything. I'd bump someone if need be. But we're all in luck, as we have an open room." Michel turned to grab a key to room four. "Here is your key. Room four is up the stairs, the second door on the right. Please let me know if you need anything. Anything at all."

"Thank you. What's your name?"

"I'm Michel. Michel Gerard."

"Well, Michel, I thank you for your kindness." Jennifer turned, reaching for her single over-the-shoulder bag and found her way upstairs.

Michel was overjoyed. They'd done it. The Dragonfly Inn had finally bagged Jennifer Lawrence.

*****

Emily decided to stay in Stars Hollow for a couple weeks after she learned of the scare Rory had. She wanted to make herself available to Logan and Rory to help with whatever they may need.

Arriving at her apartment, she breathed a sigh of happiness as she looked around. It was still unbelievable that the remodel turned out as great as it did. There were a few moments of panic when she thought something would hinder the plans from coming to fruition. But nothing did and she got her beautiful apartment in the same city as her daughter and granddaughter.

Emily put her luggage beside her bed and reached for the phone on her bedside table. She dialed Lorelai's cell phone number, hoping to see whether Rory had made it home yet.

"Hello?"

"Lorelai, it's your mother. I wanted to see if Rory and Logan have made it home yet."

"Yes, they're home and Rory is settled in a bedroom on the first floor. Logan made arrangements to make one of the spare bedrooms into a temporary room for them to keep her from having to climb up and down the stairs."

"That was thoughtful of him. I'm in Stars Hollow. I'd like to swing over and help if that's all right."

Lorelai's voice became muffled as she was likely relaying the information to Rory. Returning to the line, Lorelai said that Emily was welcome to come over whenever she wanted.

Emily ended the call and reached for her luggage. She quickly unpacked and grabbed her car keys, deciding to head straight to Rory's.

Parking on the street, she made her way to the door and knocked. Lorelai answered, a smile on her face. "Hey Mom, that was fast." Lorelai moved out of the way to allow Emily to pass.

"Yes, well, this town isn't exactly happening so once I was unpacked, I was out of things to do." Looking at her daughter's growing stomach, she smiled. "I see your babies are growing, growing, growing."

"Such a polite way to say I'm getting fat."

Emily looked aghast. "I said no such thing!"

"The implication was there, mother."

"Lorelai Victoria Gilmore. Danes. You're pregnant. It's expected that your waistline will get larger to accommodate the baby. And in your case, you're having twins so you're bound to get bigger than you would with one baby."

"You sure know how to make a fat woman feel better, Mom."

"Honestly, Lorelai," Emily chided.

Lorelai laughed. "Kidding!"

Emily rolled her eyes. "Where is my granddaughter?"

Lorelai gestured to the hallway through the living room. "Rory's in a room back here."

Once the two elder Gilmore girls' were in Rory's makeshift room and pleasantries were extended, she relayed to them what had happened while she was unconscious. Emily and Lorelai were both shocked, tears wetting their eyes. While they expressed their gratefulness that Rory shared with them what she experienced, Emily adamant that it was more than a dream but was Richard's way of letting them know he was okay.

Glancing out the window, Emily smiled. I'll miss you forever, Richard.