Chapter 3

I walked home from school, and luckily my dad was at work. Hopefully he'll come back late tonight. I suddenly felt a vibration in my back pocket; it was a text from a number I didn't know. 

"Can't wait for our date tonight ;)"

"Me either. You decided where we're going yet? :)"

"Yeah. Instead of the movies we're going to the park. I'll pick you up at 6:30"

"K sounds good :)"

"Alright what's your address?"

I texted him my address and glanced at the clock. It read 5:30, that means I have an hour to get ready. I took a shower, and got dressed. I put on a gray button up, a denim jacket, black skinny jeans, and a pair of converse. After that i put my hair up into a quiff. I was impressed at how well I managed to get ready. I actually looked nice. My eyes weren't red and there weren't bags under my eyes from crying myself to sleep after my dad beat me, and I liked the way I dressed for tonight instead of just throwing on a random jacket and some jeans. 

I heard a knock at the front door, so I ran down the stairs and opened it. Harry was standing there in a white t-shirt with a black coat and a pair of black skinny jeans. He looked so good standing there smiling all cute with his dimple popping out.

"Ready to go?"  he asked.

"Yeah I just need to do something real quick."

I scribbled a short note to my dad saying that I went out, but it wasn't like he was going to care anyway.

"Okay now I'm ready," I announced.

"Great!" he smiled and took my hand in his.

"So Louis, when did you come out?" Harry asked, curiousity laced in his voice.

"Um... well, I came out to Liam and Niall in Freshman year. My dad has no idea I'm gay though." I explained.

"What about your mom?"

"Oh, um she passed away 3 years ago in a car accident." 

"Wow, that's horrible. Sorry I shouldn't have asked."

"No, it's fine you didn't know," I smiled weakly.

"So do you have a nice relationship with your dad?" he asked.

"Oh yeah! The best, he's great," I lied.

"So tell me about your family," I asked trying to keep the conversation going.

"Well my mom and dad are divorced, and I have a sister named Gemma, but she has um cancer. My mom and I are trying to come up with money for her treatment," his voice broke.

"Wow. That must be really hard," I responded letting what he just told me sink in.

"It's okay," he answered.

A gust of wind blew, and I shivered.

"Hey are you cold?" Harry asked.

"Yeah a little bit," I answered.

"Here take my jacket," he took his jacket off and put it around my shoulders.

"Wow you are so cheesy," I chuckled.

"Okay then I'll just take my jacket back," he teased.

"Oh no. I still need it. I just think it's really cheesy that's all," I smiled.

"Well then I guess I'm a cheesy date aren't I."

"Yes you are, but don't worry. I like it," I grinned.

"Good because you're gonna be stuck with me for the rest of the night."

"Well then I'm going to enjoy the rest of the night."

"I am too," he winked at me.

The rest of the walk we just chatted, and it felt nice to be happy for a little while. I took in every feature he had. His eyes, his lips, his nose, and basically just anything. He was so breathtaking. This has been one of the happiest nights I've had in 3 years. Before I knew it, we were in front of my house, but then I saw my dad's car. I froze.

"Hey is everything alright?" Harry asked.

"Oh yeah everything is fine," I lied.

"Oh well okay. I guss I'll see you at school Monday yeah?"

"Yeah of course!"

He pulled his hand out of mine, and I felt a twinge of disappointment.

"Well see ya," he waved and walked away.

I waited until he was no longer in sight, and snuck into my house quietly, hoping my dad wouldn't see me. I was halfway up the stairs when my dad called me.

"Louis why the hell are you home so late?" he asked angrily.

"Shit shit shit," I whispered.

"What did you say?"

"I said I left you a note before I went out," I lied. I've gotten good at lying recently.

"I can't fucking hear you! Stop mumbling!" he shouted.

"I'm so-" I started.

"Get your ass down here right now!"

I came down from the stairs slowly. I wateched him take off his belt; then he pushed me to the ground and started hitting my back hard. I cried and yelled at him to stop, but he just hit harder everytime I did. After he was done hitting me, I crawled into bed and started bawling my eyes out. I stopped when I heard a ding from my phone.

"Had a nice time tonight. Hope we can do it again sometime :)," I smiled at it.

"Yeah me too ha :)" I texted back.

That night I fell asleep and dreamed about brown curly hair, green eyes, a perfect smile, and cute little dimples. It was the best dream I had in my life.