Chapter 51

"Hey guys there's a party tonight at Ted's place. You going?" Zayn asked when I picked up the phone.

"I don't know man. I just wanna be at home today with everything that's been going on," I answered.

"Aw okay. I understand bro, if you wanna come just show up. Love ya man," Zayn said.

"Love ya too bye," I hung up.

"Who was that and why did you say you loved them?" Harry asked when he came into the room with two cups of coffee.

"Zayn he wanted me to go to a party."

"And what did you say?" He handed me a cup of coffee which I gladly accpeted.

"I said no."

"Why?"

"Just need a break from all the stuff that's happening. I don't think a party will help."

"I don't know. It sounds fun, maybe it will help," he raised an eyebrow.

"I just wanna take a nap from life right now," I groaned.

"Then take a nap," Harry sipped his coffee.

"Nap with me?" I pouted.

"Of course, anything for you," he smiled sweetly.

I layed down on the bed and made space for him to lay down next to me. He climbed onto the bed and settled down next to me. I wrapped my arms around him and snuggled my face into his chest. He smelled of cologne and coffee.

"Harry?"

"Hmm?"

"Why do you think Lillian just came into my life all of a sudden?"

"I don't know honestly. I just think she wants her son back," he whispered.

"But why now? Why not all those years back ago?"

"Maybe she wanted to a long time ago, she was just afraid. But I'm sure she loves you, you just don't know it.

"She doesn't love me Harry."

"Yes she does, she's your mother. You're her son. Even though you don't love her yet, she loves you no matter what. I don't think anything will change that."

"I think it will. I mean look at my father. He used to love me, and then he just... stopped. It's better to just push Lillian away before I actually grow fond of her."

"That's not the best way to handle it, you know that."

"Yeah, well I have no other choice."

"You do. You just don't want to admit it."

I stayed silent. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep. 5 minutes passed. 10 minutes passed. 15. I just couldn't go to sleep.

"Harry?"

"Yeah Lou?"

"Let's go to that party."

"So now you wanna go?" He smirked.

"Shut up," I mumbled and got out of bed.

***

As we got out of the car, we heard music coming from inside Ted's house. I took a hold of Harry's hand and led him through the crowd of people from our school. It was actually pretty nice to see the familiar faces of some of these people one last time before we all went off to college. People shouted hey and smiled and waved at Harry and I even when they were drunk or high out of their minds. How great.

"You made it bros!" Zayn handed us beers.

"Yeah, I wanted to come after all."

"Good you need to get out of that house and get your white ass tanned," Zayn joked.