Chapter 56

In the last week and a half, I've actually managed to do something productive with my life. I managed to move out of Zayn's place so I wouldn't be much of a burden to him anymore, as well as buy a used cheap car that is in pretty good condition. I also got a job at a little coffee shop. Now I live at my own house, can drive myself anywhere instead of walking, and I have a minimum wage job in just under two weeks. I felt like my life is actually starting to come back together.

Being busy with work and all, I haven't had the time to think about him very much. Okay no that was a lie. I still thought about him. Everyday. I mean how couldn't I? You can't just get over someone that amazing and perfect in so little time. I miss him everyday and everything just hurts from not feeling his touch or hearing his voice.

But, I was actually okay until he walked in with his stupid new boyfriend into my coffee shop. Of all the fucking coffee shops in this city you would think they'd go someplace else. I guess things just don't go the way I would like. I would know by now. I knew well more than enough.

I had my back turned making an espresso for another costumer when they walked through the door laughing with each other. I would know his laugh anywhere. I just wish he was laughing with me, not with Nick the prick. 

I hesitated to turn around when they were next in line, but I knew I had to or else I would lose this job. Once I did, I flashed them the fakest smile I could manage. Their eyes grew wide at the sight of me.

"L-L-Louis. I didn't know you worked here now," Harry stuttered.

"Yeah, well I actually just got this job a few days ago. Anyways, what would you guys like?" I tried end the conversation as fast as I can. I knew if it continued any longer, I'd probably have a breakdown like any other time I saw him. I tried not to pay attention to Nick the prick, but it was pretty hard since he was throwing daggers at me with his eyes.

"I'll have a white mocha no whip cream," Nick the prick said flatly and put his arm around Harry's waist. Oh yeah. Did I mention he was a prick? 

"I'll have just regular coffee," Harry said not taking his eyes off me.

"Not too strong though right? I know that's how you like it," I said. Oh fuck. Why did I just mention that?

"You remembered," Harry gave me a small smile.

"Yeah," I said flatly then turned around to make their drinks. I put their drinks on the counter then took Nick the prick's money. 

They turned to walk away, and I silently thanked the gods until Harry turned back around. 

"H-hey," he shoved his hands into his pockets.

"Hi," I said as I wiped the counter. It didn't need wiping I just couldn't face looking at him right now.

"I'm having a small party at my house tonight wanna come?" He asked.

"Sorry, 'm busy tonight," I lied.

"But Liam, Niall, and Zayn are going."

"Listen, I just can't okay?" 

"You know Louis, I thought we could act like mature adults and just let this whole break up thing go. Put it behind us, but if you're going to lie and make some lame excuse you can't go just to avoid me, then fine. I guess we can stop being friends to," Harry crossed his arms.

"Who said we ever became friends after the break up? Because I know I didn't, and I know you didn't," I said coldly.

He didn't say anything else after that. He just scoffed. Nick the prick came over and led him out of the cafe. Good. Just fucking fantastic.