Chapter 23

"Let's go somewhere today," I suggested to Harry in the parking lot after school ended.

"Okay," he agreed with a smile. "Where do you wanna go?"

"It's a secret... for now," I winked at him.

"Nah come on. Tell me," he pouted.

"Nope," I grinned.

"Hmph."

"Aw it's okay don't be too upset," I kissed him quickly on the cheek which made him smile.

We got in the car, and I gave him the directions to where I wanted to go. I was nervous to go to the place because I haven't been there in a long time. A part of me though also felt happy I was going back there. We stopped at our destination and got out of the car.

"A park?" Harry asked.

"Yup," I smiled. "Not a lot of people come here because only a little bit of people know about this place. Come on," I grabbed his hand.

"This is a nice place," Harry said as he admired the beauty of the park.

"Yeah I know. I used to love this place when I was a little kid."

"I'm surprised only a few people come here."

"Me too. It's probably because it's in a place where people don't usually come," I informed him.

"So you use to come here when you were younger?"

"Yeah. My mom always took me here to play whenever I was sad or just bored at home. We had a lot of fun here," I smiled at the memories. 

"That's cute," Harry nudged me.

"I remember her pushing me on the swings, helping me build stuff in the sandboxes, and playing tag with me here," I reminisced.

"Sounds like you had a lot of fun huh?"

"I did. I loved when my mom would take me here. I was always so happy."

"Why did you stop coming here then?"

"Well... after my mom died I just stopped. I guess it was just too sad to come back, but now I'm happy I'm back. I just wish I'd come back sooner."

"Well at least you're here now," he smiled.

"Yeah. I'm glad I came back with you," I grinned at him.

"I'm glad too," he began swinging our entwined hands back and forth.

"Look! It's the swings," I pointed out. I ran over to them and sat on one. "Push me?" I asked Harry.

"Sure," he chuckled.

He layed his hands on my back and gently pushed me again and again as I went up higher and higher. I closed my eyes and kicked my legs like I was a little kid again. I pictured me as a young child with my mom behind me pushing me on the swing and smiled. Suddenly, the swing stopped.

"My turn," Harry smiled at me.

"Okay," I chuckled.

I got off the swing seat, and Harry got on and held the sides of the swing. 

"Ready?"

"Ready."

I went behind him and grabbed the metal on the sides of the swing and pushed, but the swing didn't go very far. I tried again, but I failed.

"Are you having trouble," Harry laughed.

"Yes," I admitted.

"You're too cute," he laughed.