Chapter 21

The next week I was at Harry's, and we were studying for our English test that was coming up soon.

"I'm starving. Let's go into the kitchen to get something to eat," Harry said.

"Okay," I followed him to the kitchen. He opened the fridge, but there was nothing good to eat.

"Guess we'll just have to make something to eat then," he suggested.

"Okay what do you wanna make then," I asked.

"Let's make cupcakes," he grinned.

"Do you even have the skills to make cupcakes?" I teased.

"Let's find out," he went over to the cupboards and got all the stuff to make the cupcakes while I sat watching him.

"Move your ass and help me you little shit," he chuckled.

"I was, but since you didn't ask nicely I won't anymore," I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Please move your ass and help me you little shit?"

"Ha ha very funny," I rolled my eyes but went over to help him anyways.

We began making the batter, and sometimes Harry would bump his hip with mine or brush his arm against my own causing goosebumps to pop up. I was in the middle of pouring the second batch of batter into the cupcake pan when I felt something soft hit me in the face. I touched my face, then looked at my hand and saw flour on it. I turned around to my side to see Harry's hand covered in flour and a smirk on his face.

"What the hell?" I exclaimed.

"Surprise," he replied.

"I'll give you a real surprise," I took some of the cupcake batter in my hand and chucked it at his face.

"Oh fuck no," he said as he threw more flour at me.

I grabbed more of the batter and started throwing it at him. There was flour and batter flying everywhere in the kitchen and it was an all out war. Soon, we ran out of things to throw at each other and stopped. We looked all around the kitchen, and it was a mess. We looked up at each other and started laughing at how ridiculous me looked. Harry had batter all over his clothes, face, and in his hair. Meanwhile I was covered all over in flour and looked like a ghost. I walked over to Harry and kissed him. His lips tasted of cupcake batter and sweetness. 

"You know you look cute covered in flour," he told me as we pulled away. I could feel the blush creeping on my cheeks. It's been over a month and I still blushed everytime he gave me a compliment. I should be used to the butterflies by now, but I'm not. It's weird how crazy he made me feel all the time.

"And you look hot covered in batter," I replied.

"I know."

I simply rolled my eyes at him jokingly and began walking to the bathroom leaving a trail of flour behind me. I locked the door and stripped down and took a shower to get all the flour out of my hair and off my body. After I dried myself off, I opened the bathroom door a bit and saw clothes outside the door. I smiled as I took the clothes and put them on. They fit me a little bit big, and smelled of mint just like Harry. I smiled to myself as I exited the bathroom and went into the kitchen. It was surprisingly clean. 

"Boo!" Harry came up behind me and yelled. I jumped in the air a bit and screamed.

"Holy shit! You almost gave me a heart attack you asshole!" I yelled, my chest heaving up and down.

"Sorry," he started to laugh.

"Stop laughing!"

"I can't stop. I'm sorry," he continued to chuckle.

"It's not funny!" I pouted.

"Yes it is," he came over to me and gave me a quick kiss.

"I hate you."

"Aw thanks really feeling that love babe," he joked.

I checked my phone to see it was 6:30. Holy shit it was getting late. 

"Damn it's late. I should probably get back home, before my dad gets angry," I said.

"Do you have to? Can't you stay one more night?" he asked.

"I don't know I-"

"Please?" he begged.

"Okay. Okay. I'll stay one more night," I gave in. I was glad he asked. I didn't want to go back home just to get abused by my sick son of a bitch of a father.

"Come with me," Harry said as he tugged my hand and brought me to his room. He took his phone out and put it into his speaker. A slow song played and he stuck out his hand.

"Would you care to dance?" he asked with a grin covering his face.

"You're such a cheesy dork," I smiled. My cheesy dork I thought, but didn't say aloud. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to his chest. I put my hand in his, and my other hand on his shoulder while he put his other hand on my hip. We danced silently to the song enjoying the cheesy moment. My head was on his chest, and I could hear the beating of his heart which made me smile. It was nice to know I had someone besides Niall and Liam that I could trust, and that was Harry. What made it better was to know that he was all mine.

We danced to a few more slow songs and got tired, so he put on the movie Paranormal Activity 3. I hated yet loved scary movies at the same time. They gave me a thrill yet scared me half to death. Everytime I got scared, I screamed and Harry would wrap his arms around me protectively and I would cuddle into his chest. When the movie finished, we layed in the dark in silence. I drew small circles on Harry's hand while he played with my hair. I was laying on top of him, and all I heard was Harry's slow and soothing breathing.

"Louis?" Harry asked.

"Hmm?"

"I.." he trailed off.

"You what?"

"I..." he repeated.

"What is it babe?"

"Nevermind," he looked away.

"No tell me. What is it?" I had an idea of what he wanted to say, and it brought butterflies to my stomach. I just didn't want to say it out loud in case it wasn't what he wanted to say to me.

"I..." he said again. I waited for the other 2 words to come out of his mouth, but they didn't. I felt a twinge of disappointment and sadness, but I was probably stupid for thinking he would actually say those 3 words to me.

"Nevermind. Sorry. Goodnight Louis," he kissed the top of my head and pulled a blanket over us.

"Goodnight Harry," I whispered. He soon fell asleep, and I heard him snoring. It wasn't loud irritating snoring, but instead it was a soft soothing snoring. I fell asleep with his arms around me comforting me, and I dreamed about him saying those 3 words to me even though it probably wouldn't happen anytime soon.

*****

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! :)

twitter: @cagedtommo