Chapter 29

It was the next day, and I was about to fall asleep when I got a text from Harry.

"i'm boredddd wanna go play soccer??? :)"

"do you really wanna go play soccer so late at night you dork?" i replied.

"yes but only if you want to"

"alright but you're taking my precious beauty sleep time away just warning you"

"don't worry you still look beautiful with or without your sleep ;)" I couldn't help but blush a deep red from his text. 

"aren't you just a charmer?"

"why yes I am. hurry up and get ready i'm on my way to your house."

"great I can't wait to kick your ass on that soccer field"

"don't be so sure of yourself ;)"

"too bad I already am :-)" 

After I sent that last text, I changed into some shorts, a long sleeved shirt, and a blue beanie. I quietly snuck downstairs and went out the door to wait for Harry. It wasn't long until he pulled up to the curb and flashed me a smile. He got out of his car and jogged over to me. He was wearing a faded pink beanie, black and white shorts, and some neon yellow tennis shoes.

"Hi," he said as he pulled me into a hug.

"Hey. Ready to get your ass whooped yet?" I gave him a grin.

"Like I said don't be too sure of yourself," he grinned back.

We hopped into the car and made our way over to the school. During the whole drive, we kept trash talking back and forth with some laughs in between. By the time they get to the school, their eyes are glistening with joyful tears from laughing so much. They made their way across the parking lot to the field.

They reach the fence surrounding the field, but it was locked. Harry began climbing on the fence until he reached the top. He threw one leg over to the other side, then did the same with the other leg. He hopped down and stood there on the other side of the fence smiling at me.

"Well are you gonna jump the fence or not slow poke?" he teased.

"Are you sure about this? What if I fall and crack my fucking skull open or break my bones or somethi-" I started.

"You worry too much. C'mon I'll help you down. Don't worry okay?" he reassured me.

"Alright," I sighed.

I put my hands through the holes in the fence and made my way up to the top. I carefully jumped down to the other side, but I still stumbled into Harry. Luckily, he caught me and wrapped his arms around me. 

"I mean I know you love me, but you don't have to pretend to stumble into me. You could've just asked for a hug or something," he beamed at me.

"Oh shut up," I said as I slapped him on the arm.

We walked to the field and Harry grabbed a ball from inside his bag. He tossed it to me.

"I'll let you start," he said.

"You sure? Just don't start crying when I beat you at this!" 

"Don't be too sure of that Tomlinson," he replied.

I dropped the ball on the ground and started dribbling it past him and over to the net. I heard his footsteps behind me, so I ran faster and took a shot. The ball hit the outside of the post instead of going into the net.

"Dammit!" I cursed.

I ran towards the ball, but Harry reached it before I did. He began running towards the net on the other side of the field. I caught up to him and tried to kick the ball away, but I missed and he ran past me. Once he was close enough to the goal, he kicked and made it.