Chapter 18

For the next few days, I stayed over at Harry's house not daring to go back to my own until my father called me and yelled at me over the phone to get my ass back home. I had no choice but to go back home later that day. I just watched tv and cuddled with Harry until it was getting late, so he drove me back home.

"Do you have to go?" Harry asked when we were outside my house.

"Yeah I'm sorry I wish I could stay," I said.

"Just be careful please?"

"Of course," I reassured him.

"If anything happened to you, I wouldn't be able to live with myself."

"It'll all be alright. I'll call you if anything bad happens."

"Okay bye stay safe," he said.

"I will bye babe," I gave him a quick peck before I went inside my house.

I was about to enter the living room when I heard yelling, so I stayed near the doorway to listen.

"Why would you fucking do this to me?" I heard my father yell.

"What? I just wanted to have a little fun," it was Maria's voice.

"Fun? You fucking call fucking another guy in my damn house fun?"

"Yeah actually I do," I could already hear the damn smirk in that bitch's words.

"But what the fuck happened to us?" my father asked.

"Us? Please there is no us here! You were just a meaningless couple of fucks! Do you actually think I cared about you?" Maria laughed.

"We were supposed to get married you fucking whore!" my father screamed.

"Please like I would ever marry you! I just said yes so you would stop asking me. It was getting annoying."

"So is that it then? I was just a couple of meaningless fucks to you and nothing more?" my father spat.

"Yeah basically."

"Fuck you! Get the fuck out of my house!"

"Gladly," I heard Maria say.

When she walked out, she saw me standing near the doorway and smirked at me. I wanted to lunge at her and rip her damn throat out. She knocked her shoulder against mine and walked out the door.

After she closed the door, I heard something inside the living room break and quiet sobs. I walked into the living room to see my father sitting on the couch with his head in his hands and his shoulders shaking while he sobbed. I went to sit near him, but he didn't notice me.

"Dad?" I quietly asked. He then looked at me and wiped his eyes.

"How much did you hear?" he asked.

"All of it," I replied.

"Oh," was all he said.

There was an awkward silence between us for a few moments until he broke it.

"Why does this happen Louis?"

"Why does what happen?" I asked confused.

"Why does every women end up leaving me one way or another huh?"

"I don'k know."

"First it was your mom, now it's Maria. Your mom died because of me," he admitted finally after all these years. "It was my fucking fault goddammit!"

"I-"

"If I hadn't fucking called her this would've never happened," he started sobbing again.

"Dad-"