Chapter 44

The next day, I went down to the police station with Harry, the rest of the boys, and Anne in tow. There was a lady police officer sitting behind the desk at the station. She smiled when she looked up and saw us.

"Hi there. Is there something I can do for you all?" She asked.

"Not for them really, but more for me," I answered.

"Well what can I do for you sir?" 

"I would like to report a case of an abusive father. My father," I said.

"Oh," the smile was wiped off her face. "Well take a seat at the chair over there and I'll talk to someone so they can come out and talk to you about it."

I sat down and started shaking my leg vigorously. I was nervous. What if they didn't believe me? Is my father going to jail? I hope he would to be honest. Am I going to be put into a foster home? Could they still do that? I mean I'm 18 so I'm legally an adult right?

"You'll be fine Lou. Stop worrying," Harry touched my leg and gave me a reassuring smile.

"I don't know. I'm just nervous and there's so many questions I have in my head and I just. I don't know," I groaned and put my head in my hands.

"I know you're nervous, but it'll be okay you have all of us. We'll help you get through this I promise," he kissed my forehead.

"I love you," I mumbled into his chest as I hugged him.

"I love you more."

"That's impossible."

"But it's not."

"Sir! Come in here. We're going to ask you some questions, but it'll only have to be you for now. Your friends will have to wait outside," the lady came back out and told me.

"Uh okay sure," I nodded. 

I looked over to Harry and he nodded and smiled. I looked over at the rest of the boys and Anne and they did the same. I let out a sigh and followed the lady into the room. Inside, there was another officer but a male one. I sat down in the chair across from him and started shaking my leg again.

"Sir, I'm going to ask you a few questions. You have to tell the truth and nothing but the truth got it," the male officer said.

"Yes," I answered.

"Okay. So from what I hear, you want to report a case about your father is this correct?" 

"Yes."

"And the case is about him being abusive?"

"Yes."

"Who has he been or is he being abusive to?"

"Me."

"How has he been abusive?"

"Well, he yells at me, and gives me beatings. He whips me, and sometimes he would smoke then burn me with the cigarettes. He sometimes would punch me and kick me. Once I think he told me to kill myself or something like that," I answered. While I told him all this, he wrote it down on a notepad.

"Okay how long has this been going on?"

"A few years now."

"And why have you decided to tell us just now and not sooner?"

"I felt like I wasn't ready. I was kind of scared, but now I'm not anymore."

"Okay is there anything else you want to say or ask about?"

"Well yes... there's this other thing. There was this woman named Maria. She was average height, blonde, maybe around her mid-thirties I'm guessing. And she used to date my father. One night, she um. She raped me. And when I told my father, he didn't believe me," I admitted.