Chapter 61

"He's alive," the doctor said.

I felt my heart stop, then I ran straight forward as fast as I could into the ER.

"Louis!" I yelled through my tears, but the nurses held me back.

"Mr, Styles you're going to have to wait until we transfer Mr. Tomlinson into a room. You can't be in here at the moment. I'm sorry," the doctor said as he came back in.

"How l-long will th-that t-take?" I asked while occasionally glancing at Louis.

"Probably about 15-20 minutes. Please go wait outside in the waiting room while we get him settled."

I reluctantly dragged my feet back to the waiting room. I sat in the uncomfortable plastic chair. I could finally breathe again. He was alive. The love of my life was alive, and he wasn't gone. I'm going to win him back when he wakes up. I have to. I'm going to. I sat in the waiting room shaking my leg and biting my nails for what seemed like hours until the doctor came to see me again.

"He's in room 244 on the second floor you may go see him now," the doctor said.

"Thank you!" I ran and hugged the doctor.

"It's no problem Mr. Styles," he awkwardly patted my back.

I ran over to the elevator and pressed the button multiple times. I was impatient and just wanted to see him. I wanted to make sure he was okay. I wanted to be there when he woke up. Finally the elevator doors opened, and I walked in and pressed the button for the second floor.

"Come on, come on, come on," I whispered.

The doors dinged and I ran until I found room 244. I walked in quietly and sat in the chair next to Louis' bed. He looked so pale and tired, yet he was still so beautiful. Tears crowded in my eyes. I can't believe I almost lost him. I took his hand in mine and stroked my thumb against the back of his hand. His hand was pale and cold, but I didn't mind.

"Hey Lou. I don't know if you can hear me, or when you'll wake up, but I just want you to know that I love you. I don't know why you did what you did, but I'm glad it didn't work. I wouldn't be able to live in a world without you Louis William Tomlinson. You're everything to me," I whispered and kissed his hand gently. After that I stayed silent and watched his chest move up and down as he breathed weakly. What would I do without this boy in my life.

***

I stayed by Louis' side the past 5 days. He still hasn't woken up yet, but the doctor says he should wake up in about a day or two or a week at the most. I haven't eaten or slept very much in the past 5 days. I just wanted him to wake up so I can kiss his lips again and feel his touch. I missed and craved it more and more with each second passing. Of course, the boys came to visit Louis everyday. Lillian did twice and cried her eyes out when she found out what he tried to do. The boys were heartbroken and were messes just like me, but I was the worst.

"Knock knock," a womanly voice said.

I turned around and saw my mom, Anne, and the boys trailing behind her. I could tell the boys didn't get much sleep either with the bags under their red puffy eyes. They were probably crying just like I did every now and then.

"Hi mom, hi guys," I gave them a weak smile.

"Hey, baby boy," my mom kissed me on the forehead which was just what I needed.

"Hey Harry, how ya holding up?" Niall asked.

"Better I guess," I mumbled.

"Son have you even left this room once in the last 5 days?" My mom asked.

"No."

"Listen sweetie, I know you're worried about Louis, but he's in good care. Go home and eat, sleep, and go take a shower you smell horrid."

"Thanks mom, that's just what I needed to hear," I rolled my eyes.

"Your mom's right Harry, you haven't eaten in days. You're already losing weight," Liam butted in.

"But I want to be here when he wakes up! What if he wakes up and I'm not here? I wouldn't be able to live with myself!" I shouted.

"Harry, calm down," my mom said in a warning tone.

"Listen man, we know how you feel okay? You're not the only one who almost lost Louis. We almost lost him too! We're hurting just as much as you are. We're scared shitless out of our minds as well! So do what your mom says and go get some rest. We'll be here until you get back. Promise," Zayn said.

"I don't know..." I trailed off hesitant.

"Just go honey. I'll be here too," my mom cupped my cheek.

"Alright," I sighed and reluctantly gave in. I stood up and my chair scraped against the hospital floor. I held Louis' knuckles up to my lips and kissed them slowly. I let go of his hand, and took a cab back to Louis' house.

I slowly walked inside and closed the door. I trailed my finger over the furniture. I opened the fridge to see half a sandwich left, so I ate it. I went and took a shower, well not really took a shower. I sat on the floor of the bathtub while I let the water run over me. Once I got out, I made my way to Louis' room. I stood outside his door with my forehead against it. After a few minutes, I walked in. I looked at the chair, the pills, the blood on the floor, and the belt. I shook my head sadly and crawled into his bed. I hugged his pillow tightly. It smelled so much like him. I inhaled his scent and didn't let go of the pillow. I sobbed into it wishing I was hugging him instead.

I rolled around in his bed until I heard something drop onto the floor. I took the pillow out of my face, and looked down at the ground. I saw letters scattered all over the floor with names on them.

"Huh?" I said to myself then picked them up.

Lillian, Zayn, Liam, Niall, Harry. I carefully ripped open my letter and sat on the bed and read over it. Tears slipped down my cheeks and hit the paper while I read what Louis wrote to me in his beautiful handwriting I came to love so much. I hugged the piece of paper to my chest when I was done reading it and fell asleep like that on the bed that smelled like the love of my life.

*****

twitter: jukeboxiou

instagram: angela_k13

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! How are you guys doing and what did you all do for labor day weekend??? :)