Chapter 54

"Hey how you doing buddy?" Liam asked when I came through his door.

"I'm fine," I said.

Niall and Zayn were already outside in his backyard kicking a soccerball around. Liam called and said he just wanted to hang out since we haven't in a while.

"You sure?" He asked.

"I guess."

"There's no I guess Lou, there's only yes or no."

"Don't call me Lou."

"Why?"

"Because H-Harry used to call me that. I don't want to see him or talk to him ever again or speak about him so.. just please," I explained.

"Oh yeah. Sure. But um... I kinda need to tell you something," Liam said hesitantly.

"What is it?"

"I kinda invited Harry over so..."

"That's great. Well... I'll just head home now. So, bye," I said and walked towards the door.

"Oh come on! Louis! Don't do this."

"Listen, I already told you. I don't want to see him, talk to him, or speak about him ever again. I'm done. I can't deal with all these tears. I can't deal knowing th-that I lost him to another guy. I can't deal with the fact that we have to pretend that we're okay when we're obviously not! I can't pretend. Okay? I'm not going to go out into the backyard and be happy. Because when he gets here, my heart is going to drop down to my ass. So, I'm leaving."

"Stop! Do this for me. I haven't seen you in the longest time. You're my best friend, and Harry is also my best friend. You guys don't have to speak, or even look at each other. You can pretend he's not even there. Just be here for me alright?"

"Fine. Fine. I will, but if he angers me even just a little bit, I'm walking out that door got it?"

"Okay, but you can't walk out for at least another hour. Just one hour okay? Then you can leave. I promise."

"Alr-" There was a knock on the door cutting me off from finishing my sentence.

He was here. I wasn't ready. I didn't want to deal with this, but I knew I would eventually have to. I heard them greeting each other, and hopefully Harry didn't notice me yet. I rushed out to the backyard and stole the ball away from Niall.

"Hey!" He yelled.

"Come and get it loser," I smiled.

"You're on Tomlinson," he grinned.

Both Zayn and Niall charged after me trying to get the ball, but I zipped past them and kicked the ball into the goal.

"Hell yeah!" I screamed in victory.

"Hey guys! Look who came to join," Liam yelled as he came into the backyard.

Behind him was Harry... and another person. He was tall, but Harry was taller. He and I looked quite similar. We even dressed almost the same way. Was he trying to replace me?

"Hey guys this is Nick," he gestured to the guy standing next to him and place his arm around his waist. 

Jealousy was an understatement. I knew he was just trying to make me jealous and angry, and it worked. I just pretended not to show that it worked. Instead I smiled.

"Hey Nick," I greeted.

"Hey..." He said.

"I'm Louis, we're playing soccer. Care to join? You can be on my team with Niall," I fake grinned.

"Yeah that sounds good," Nick smiled.

Harry cleared his throat.

"Well actually, I wanted to be on the same team as Nick so..." 

"That's cool too. Whatever you want," I shrugged it off.

Great, he was going to be on the same team as me. This was going to be one hell of an hour. Harry and Nick, my look alike, held hands and walked up next to me. I closed my eyes and breathed in and out. He was trying to get to me, but it wouldn't work.

"Alright let's do this shit! I am going to kick all of your asses, then you will have to bow down to me and kiss my feet after I'm done defeating you," I said smugly.

"In your dreams Tomlinson," Zayn said.

And off we began, I mostly did all the work. It was basiclaly 1-3 since Harry and the wannabe me were just standing behind talking. That should be me and Harry. That should be us not paying attention to soccer and just talking and laughing. That should be us who was so in love with each other that we didn't focus on anything else. It wasn't fair. It just made me angry and sad at the same time. 

Everytime I made a goal, the two would actually pay attention for like 2 seconds and celebrated by yelling and either giving each other a hug, or a high five. See if that was me and Harry, we would kiss. I was glad that they didn't, but each time they touched each other, it just made me angrier and angrier each time. On the other hand, all the anger from them even being near each other made me aggressive and helped me win the game.

When I won, I yelled in victory, and turned around to give the wanna be and Harry a high five to see them swap DNA with each other. My smile was no longer on my face. Nick saw me staring at them kissing and flipped me off. I didn't know what I was feeling more, anger or sadness. Liam came over and patted me on the shoulder.

"Sorry man. I shouldn't have invited them," he apologized.

But he had nothing to apologize for, it was all my fault. Everything was my fault really. If I hadn't fell in love with Harry I wouldn't be feeling this. I guess he never really loved me. I guess I was just some sort of fling to him. I shrugged Liam off and walked towards the front door.

"Where are you going?" Niall called.

"It's been an hour!" I yelled without turning back.

*****

So how do you guys feel about Nick? 

twitter: jukeboxiou

instagram: angela_k13

tumblr: blazingperfection.tumblr.com