Chapter 38

That night, we sat all sat outside the cabin around a campfire that was made by me thank you very much. We had marshmallows on sticks and were roasting them in the fire. This was actually the first time I was roasting marshmallows, and I had to say it was very exciting and tasty. 

"Oh shit! That's fucking hot!" Harry screamed and spat out his marshmallow.

"You're supposed to let it cool down first you moron!" Liam yelled.

"Oh fuck! Fuck fuck fuck! My tongue is burning!" Harry continued screaming.

"You're a right idiot you know that?" Zayn shook his head.

"If you want I can help your tongue cool down by using my tongue," I winked at Harry.

"Oh gross! Save it until you get to your room you fucking weirdos," Niall said pretending to gag.

"Fuck off," I laughed and flipped him off.

We sat staring into the fire watching it crackle while Harry looked at his tongue like an idiot and tried to get it to cool down. I continued roasting my marshmallow until it was a golden brown then blew on it before popping it into my mouth. I moaned in delight at the taste.

"This shit is good," I said.

"Have you never tried roasted marshmallows before?" Zayn asked.

"No this is my first time," I admitted.

"I used to go camping all the time when I was a kid. It was fun," Zayn said.

"This is my first time camping actually," Harry admitted.

We all nodded and stayed silent for a while just eating our mashamllows until Niall spoke up.

"What are we gonna do when we go to college?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" I responded.

"Well we're all going to different ones. How are we gonna see each other?"

"We'll make time to see each other dumbass," Liam rolled his eyes.

"But what if we grow apart, or get new best friends, or something worse like one of us dies, or-" 

"That's not gonna happen you idiot," Zayn threw a marshmallow at Niall.

"But it's possible," Niall said quietly.

"Well it's not. We've been best friends for a long time. Us going to different colleges won't change anything," I reassured him.

"I'm just scared you'll all find new friends, and we all stop talking. I don't want you to forget about me," Niall said his eyes turning glossy.

"Aw Niall!" Harry said and walked over to Niall and gave him a tight hug. I walked over and joined in, and so did Liam and Zayn.

"Niall don't think like that buddy. We won't forget about you, or the rest of us. We'll be best friends no matter what. We're not even best friends. We're more like brothers to each other," I said. And I may or may not have teared up a bit.

"Well exept for me and Louis we're boyfriends. Dating your brother would be weird," Harry pointed out which made Niall laugh.

"I love you guys," Niall said.

"We love you too Niall," the rest of us said and hugged him again.

"Wow we're such sappy freaks," Zayn said after we all pulled away.

"Yeah but we're attractive sappy freaks," Liam laughed.

"Hell yeah we are," Harry agreed.

"I'll be back!" Niall exclaimed then ran into the cabin. A few seconds later he came out and sat down with his guitar in his hand.

"You play guitar?" Harry and Zayn asked in unison.

"A bit," Niall blushed.

"A bit? More like a hell of a fucking lot, but you're good so it's okay," I said. Niall turned as bright as a tomato and began strumming his guitar.

He played to the tune of God Only Knows by MKTO, and Liam began tapping his foot and started singing.

I've always said I could never fall

Because I love them all

And that's when Zayn joined in, and he was pretty damn good.

My heart don't race when they try to call

Because I love them all

But she got me stuttering 

Like w-w-what can I do because I can't control it

Niall joined in.

She got me hovering.

Harry started singing, and I thought my heart was going to explode. His voice was beautiful, and I felt all of the oxygen from my lungs disappear.

Above the ground and I don't know what to do.

"Louis join in on the chorus!" Harry smiled. So I did.

God only knows

How much I need you

I could explode

If I can't breathe you

I'm on the ropes

5 4 3 2

And while I sang, I stared right at Harry. And he stared back and he looked like he was at a loss for words. We all sang together and Niall played the guitar, and the fire crackled in between us all. It was fun and nice and just relaxing.

After we sang a couple more songs, we put out the fire and went back inside our cabin. We all said goodnight to each other, and went inside our rooms. I stripped my shirt and pants off until I was only in my boxers then climbed into bed. Harry did the same, and wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. He just stared down at me.

"Why are you staring at me?"

"Because you're just amazing and perfect and everything good in life," he answered and smiled.

"I'm not," I shook my head.

"Yes," he kissed me, "you," another kiss, " are," and another kiss.

"Whatever you say," I snuggled into his chest.

"It's true though. You're beautiful, smart, caring, funny, a sarcastic little shit, and you can sing. You can fucking sing like a goddamn angel. When you sang I felt an ache in my heart like I was going to explode from how perfect you are," he told me, and I turned bright red.

"You're perfect too. With your fucking dorkiness, your tallness, you're so nice to everyone, and you can sing like an angel too. I don't deserve you," I said.

"Don't say that. It's me who doesn't deserve you," he whispered.

"You're so perfect you know that?" I kissed him a long and deep and passionate kiss.

"You're amazing," he kissed my forehead.

"I know," I beamed.

"You're such a cute little idiot," he said.

"I love you," I laughed.

"I love you more."

"That's impossible."

"But it's not."

And the next few days the 5 of us were camping, our nights were spent like that. Just sitting around the campfire roasting marshmallows and singing together. This was happiness. This was joy. These were my best friends, and practically family. And I loved them. Yeah. I loved them a whole fucking bunch.

*****

Hey hope you all enjoyed this chapter! I promise I'll try to start updating more. I've just been really busy recently, but when school's over I'll start updating a lot more frequently :)

twitter: jukeboxiou