Chapter 17

"You know, you really shouldn't talk to your new soon to be mother like that."

"W-w-what?" I stuttered. This couldn't be happening. It can't. It's impossible. I don't want it to happen. My life will become even more of a fucking hell than it already is.

"I'm your new mother," Maria said while she picked at her nails.

"You're bluffing. This isn't true!" I exclaimed.

"Yes Louis. It actually is. Better get use to calling me mom now," she forced a smile then came over and patted my cheek.

"Fuck you," I spat.

"Like i told you, you shouldn't talk to me like that you bastard! Haven't you learned any matters?"

"Actually I do have manners I just don't use them with people I fucking hate!"

"You better watch what you say before you regret it," she said through gritted teeth.

"Fuck you," I emphasized.

Before she could reply back, I opened my front door, ran out, then slammed it. I then took a bus to Harry's house. I needed to talk to somebody and he was the only person I could think of talking to at the moment.

***

From what I could see, most of the lights were off at Harry's house, so I opened the gate that led to his backyard. I saw that his bedroom light was still on, and I sighed in relief.

"Harry!" I called quietly. I saw a shadow in his bedroom look around, which was probably Harry, look around but didn't come to the window. "Harry!" I called again a little bit louder this time.

"Louis? What are you doing here?" Harry poked his head out the window and asked me.

"I need to talk to you now! It's important! Please?" I shivered from the coldness of the night air.

"Okay! I'll be down in a minute!" he called.

A moment later his backdoor opened and he waved me inside his house. I ran up to him and hugged him and just burst into tears. I couldn't control it anymore.

"Louis what's wrong baby?" he asked.

"M-maria," I sobbed.

"Who's Maria?"

"M-my dad is g-getting married t-to her!" 

"Shh Louis. It's okay. It'll all be okay. Alright? Please stop crying. I don't want to see you like this," he pulled back and wiped away my tears with his thumb.

"No! It's not! You don't understand Harry!" I shook my head.

"What's going on down here?" I looked behind Harry and saw Anne. "Louis honey what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"His dad is getting remarried and he doesn't want his dad to," Harry answered.

"Oh sweetie I can't imagine how you're feeli-"

"No! You guys don't understand! It's not just that! There's something else," I cut Anne off.

"Then what is it?" Harry asked.

"Maria..." I trailed off.

"Maria what?" Anne asked.

"Maria r-raped m-me," I started to cry again. They both gasped in shock. Harry pulled me into a hug.

"Louis you have to tell the cops about this! I'm calling them right now!" Anne said.

"No!" I rushed over to her. "It'll just make things worse than it already is! Please don't call them."