Chapter 20

The next week, Harry came over to my house for a "tutoring session" which wasn't really a tutoring session since most of the time we just made out. Our shirts were off and thrown to the side of my room and he was grinding on top of me. We were both panting and the room was getting steamy, until I heard my front door open and an angry voice yelling my name coming from downstairs.

"Shit! That's my dad!" I whispered.

"What do we do?" Harry asked.

"Here," I handed him his shirt, "hide in the closet," I demanded.

He burst out laughing after I said that, and I was confused for a moment until it finally clicked.

"Yeah yeah very funny now just get inside!" I pushed him in.

"Louis!" my father called again.

"Whatever you hear, don't come downstairs or get out got it?" I asked Harry quickly.

"Yeah got it," he promised.

I rushed out of my room while putting on my shirt and ran downstairs to see my angry father glaring at me.

"No dinner made again eh?" he said furiously.

Shit I forgot since Harry was here. "N-n-no," I stuttered.

"Mmmm," he mumbled before coming closer to me. I backed up against the wall because I knew what was going to happen next. I closed my eyes and waited for the belt to connect with my skin, but it didn't happen. Instead, I smelled smoke and I opened my eyes to see my dad smoking a cigarette. 

"I'm not gonna hit you this time Louis," he said to me.

"Y-you're not?" I asked.

"No. You're free to go back upstairs," he smiled a creepy smile at me. I knew something was up, but I didn't question it.

"O-okay," I stuttered one more time before attempting to make my way up the stairs. I was on the second step when an arm gripped mine roughly and pulled me back down the stairs. Suddenly, I was slammed against the living room wall. I stared up at my dad who was laughing at me.

"Did you really think I was actually going to let you go?" he kept laughing at me.

"Yes actually I did," I mumbled.

"Oh you naive child," he chuckled.

"What are you going to do to me?" I whimpered.

Instead of answering me, my father kicked me in the stomach which made me curl up into a ball in pain. He then took the cigarette out of his mouth and gripped my wrist. He pressed the cigarette against my wrist and I screamed in pain. The burning sensation was unbearable and he kept it there for a few long seconds that seemed like decades until he pulled it off. The burn left multiple blisters on my wrist. My father then grabbed my other wrist and burned me with the cigarette again. I screamed as tears ran down my face. He took the cigarette off and gave me one last kick in the stomach before he walked into the kitchen not giving another flying fuck about me.

I layed on the living room floor curled up in a ball silently crying until I remembered Harry was still in my room. I rushed up the stairs and found him sitting on my bed running his hand through his hair. When he saw me, he rushed over to me with a worried look in his eyes.

"Are you alright Louis? I h-heard you scream 2 times and I got worried. I wanted to go downstairs, but you told me to stay up here. I was stupid to. I should've gone downstairs. You could've gotten murdered, or-" I cut him off.

"Harry I'm fine. There's nothing to worry about," I lied.

"Don't lie to me," he said.

"I'm not," I lied again.