Chapter 39

"Alright is that the last of it?" Harry asked as he brought my suitcase into the room.

"Harry I only brought one you idiot," I laughed.

"Pshhh I knew that. I was just testing you," he lied.

"Sure you were," I rolled my eyes at him.

"Yeah well since you're settled in now, I'm gonna go visit Gemma yeah? See you later babe."

"Alright bye," I gave him a small kiss on the lips before he exited out the door. 

I brought my suitcase upstairs to my room to unpack, then came back downstairs. I walked towards my father's room to tell him I was back home when I saw the door was open a little bit. I was about to walk into his room until I saw him pull the box with my mom's belongings out from under his bed. He carefully placed her stuff next to him on the floor, and brought out the other box under his bed. He took out the bag of drugs that were in the box. He opened it, and stood up and walked over to his dresser. He poured some onto the dresser and took a credit card out of his pocket and straightened the powder into a line. He covered one of his nostrils and snorted the drugs in. 

I stood there not knowing what to do. I was surprised he didn't know I was home yet. I can't believe I was actually witnessing my father doing drugs. I mean, I knew he did them, but I never thought I would actually see him doing them in my life. It didn't end there though, after he put the bag with the drugs back into the box, he sat down on the floor again. He opened the box with my mom's belongings, and took her necklace out. He opened the locket and stared at the picture for a while. He gripped it into his hand so hard that I thought he would crush it. His shoulders began shaking, and I could hear him quietly sobbing. I held my breath to see if I was hearing right. My father? Sobbing? 

I turned back around to go upstairs, but the floor creaked.

"Shit," I said under my breath.

I heard my dad sniffle then get up from the floor. I quickly ran to the front door, and slammed it shut.

"I'm back home!" I pretended to announce.

"Ugh. You're back. It was so nice without you being here," my dad grumbled.

"Well sorry for being such a fuck up," I retorted.

"Yeah you fucking should be," he spat. He walked up closer to me. I could see his eyes were red and glazed over, and they were also kind of teary.

"You're a fucking loser and always will be. You're a good for nothing worthless piece of shit, and I really hope you fucking know that," he poked my chest.

"Well guess what. I do," I said angrily as I walked up to my room and slammed my door shut.

I huffed and jumped onto my bed. I pulled out my phone and stuck my headphones into my ears. I turned up the volume, and turned on my music to just drown out everything. Music always helped. I closed my eyes, and eventually fell asleep.

***

My bed was bouncing up and down, and I slowly opened my eyes to see a person jumping on my bed. I let out a little scream and rolled off my bed and hit the floor.

"Ow!" I whined.

"Good you're awake!" Harry exclaimed.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"12:30 in the morning, so good morning sunshine," he helped me up off the floor.

"Why are you here so early?" 

"I wanted to take you on a date," he smiled.

"So you wanted to take me on a date? At 12:30 in the morning? When I was still asleep? So you jumped on my bed to wake me up?"