Chapter 45

So the next day, the police station gave me a call and told me to meet them outside my father's house. Harry and I got in the car and drove. I was confident and only a little nervous. If my father tried anything on me, I would have police to back me up. I wasn't scared. I was going to tell him off a shitload and I'm not worried he'll do shit to me. I was completely ready for this. My son of a bitch father is going to get what he deserves and I'm happier than a little kid in a candy shop at the moment.

Once we got to the house, I already saw 2 police cars outside. I recognized the police officer that questioned me yesterday. 

"Alright Mr. Tomlinson. How do you want to do this? Do you want us to go inside first or do you want to go inside first?" He asked.

"How about we all just go inside at the same time but quietly? I'll try to find my father to talk to him and you can search the house for drugs?" I suggested.

"Alright whatever you want," he nodded.

I nodded back then began my way up the driveway. I unlocked the front door. I still had the key which was very convenient, but it looks like my father was too dumb to change the locks. I slowly and quietly walked in with Harry and the police behind me.

"Hello?" I called out.

No answer.

"Mark? Are you home?" I called again.

No answer. I turned around and shrugged.

"I'll check the other rooms you guys can just check my father's room. It's upstairs the one on the left of the bathroom," I told the officers.

"Alright. If you find anything suspicious tell us. We'll let you know if we find anything," the officer said. He and the other ones headed upstairs to my father's bedroom.

"Do you think your dad's out?" Harry asked.

"I'm not sure. I mean his car's out there. So I don't know," I said as I walked into the kitchen with Harry in tow. There was a carton of Chinese food on the table. 

"It's cold," Harry said after he touched it.

"Strange. Usually he would throw it away or save it in the fridge. Maybe he forgot," I said.

"Let's go check the other rooms," Harry suggested.

We walked upstairs. I went into my room to check if he was in there. I opened the door to my room to see a fucking mess. The rest of my clothes I hadn't taken were thrown everywhere. Everything was smashed. All the drawers were on the floor. All the blades I kept in my drawers were scattered on the floor as well. 

"What the actual fuck happened?" Harry said wide eyed.

When he wasn't paying attention, I grabbed 2 blades and stuffed them into my pocket.

"Looks like my father went on a rampage after he disowned me."

"Well there's nothing here, let's go check the bathroom?"

"Why the hell would I check the bathroom?"

"Maybe he kept some of his drugs in there you never know."

"No trust me. I know where he keeps his drugs," I said.

"Where?"

"In a box under his bed. Come on I'll show you."

I walked across the hall to my father's room to see all the police officers standing outside whispering to each other in a huddle.

"Hey guys," I said.

"I'm just gonna check my father's room for a minute," I said and tried to walk in but an officer held me back.

"I don't think you should go in there," he said.

"Why? I mean my father's not here. Nothing bad could happen right?" I laughed and tried to walk in again, but they held me back.

"Your father is here," one of them whispered to me.

"Then where is he?" I asked.

"In his room."

"Then why can't I go talk to him!" 

"Just let him through. He needs to talk to his father!" Harry cut in.

"Okay, but I don't think you're ready for what you're about to see," the officer said.

"It's probably nothing I haven't seen before," I shrugged.

The officers moved out of the way and avoided my gaze. That's weird I thought. Once I stepped through the door, I instantly regretted it. I felt like throwing up and crying at the same time. My father was laying on his bed motionless. He had throw up all over his face. I looked over to his bedside table to see a needle and drugs on them. I shook my head.

"No! No! No! This can't be happening!" I screamed.

"Louis what's wro-" Harry started but stopped when he saw my father.

"He's not dead! He can't be dead!" I cried.

"Lou-"

"Don't Harry. Just please not now," I choked.

I ran over to the bed and shook my lifeless father. His skin felt cold and he was pale. The officers ran over to me and pushed me back gently away from him.

"Let me go!" I screamed.

"Calm down. I know you're sad but calm down please," one of the officers said to me.

"Don't tell me to calm down!" I yelled at her.

"You can't be dead you stupid prick! You don't deserve to die this easily! I hate you! I fucking hate you!" I screamed.

"Calm down!" The officer kept telling me, but I just shook my head.

"Louis. Louis listen to me. You need to stop fighting them please," Harry begged.

"No! He didn't deserve to die this way! He deserved to die a more painful death! He deserved to die in guilt and shame for all the things he did! I hate him!"

"Louis-"

"I hate you! I hate you! I fucking hate you! You're a worthless piece of shit! You were a shit father! Fuck you! Fuck you! Fuck you!" I started sobbing. Harry ran over and hugged me.

I fell down to my knees and started sobbing into his chest. 

"I hate him so much!" I choked.

"I know. I know. I do too." Harry said.

Then, I let out a loud pained scream and began sobbing again. I screamed and sobbed as the police officers put my father's dead body on a gurney. I screamed and sobbed as they took him out of the room. I screamed and sobbed until all the police were gone. I screamed and sobbed until my throat hurt. I screamed and sobbed until there were no more tears left in me.

*****

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Thank you guys for all the nice comments on my story it means a lot. And please tell your friends to read this because I would really appreciate that. Thanks guys I love you all a whole lot :)

twitter: jukeboxiou