Chapter 1-The Boy Who Set Me Free

Hello, My name is Molly. I was a middle schooler when this all happened. My mother was the one to die first. She had cancer that made her forget things or herself. She had a physical breakdown and died in her sleep a few weeks before "this" had happened.

I woke up, dizzy drunken. I knew I was not drugged. I woke up in a hospital bed with a doctor beside me.

"Hello? Can i have some water?" I cleared my throat. The doctor had not answered. It turned around slowly. Her eyes were full of gunk and her jaw seemed to be out of place. She held her arms out and ran after me. I got up and looked around the room for a exit. I saw a window and jumped out as quickly as I could. It probably was a 5 foot drop so no biggy. There were tons of them out here. I saw army tanks and jets in the distance, shooting innocent people, or at least I think they're people. I turned around to see a solider, gun in hand. A thing had started walking up behind him and torn open his flesh. It was biting at his neck and many of them had started to eat him. I can still remember his horrid screams.

I walked for miles. I had picked up a knife and a machete a mile back. I had made it to a highway full of broken down cars. I saw a few living people but didn't bother to stop. I walked and walked, hungry, thirsty, in need of attention. Until, I had found a camp full of adults and kids my age, a girl and a boy.

"Mom. There's a girl over there." The boy pointed to me.

"HEY, We've got a little girl over here in need of attention." She took the words out of my mouth. I walked over to the woman and fell to the ground and everything turned black.

-

"Hand me a bottle of water quickly." I heard a voice say. I opened my eyes big enough to see a few faces surrounding me.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"You're in a safe place. What's your name, honey?" The woman I had seen before had asked.

"I'm Molly. Who are you people?"

"I'm Lori, this is Carl, and this is Sophia."

I waved with the little energy I had.

"Is she going to be alright?" The children asked in unison.

"Yes. She just was hot and passed out." Lori told the children.

She helped me up and I walked over to Carl and Sophia, playing in the sand.

"Hi, I'm Molly." I held my hand out to shake their hands. They just kept playing. Whatever.

 A few moments later, 2 cars came rolling up. One of them making a loud beeping noise. Then, Carl broke down and ran to a man getting out of the car. It was his dad. 

I wish my mother was here and my brother too. I miss them a lot.

 I walked over to Sophia to see if she was the chatty type.

"Hi." I was desperate to talk to someone.

"Hi Molly. How ya feeling?"

"Great, how long are we gonna stay here?"

"I don't know, till the walkers clear us out." Walkers? WHAT ON EARTH WAS A WALKER?

"Walker? What's that? Those things that bite and eat people?"

"Yeah, glad you talked to me about this or Carl would have freaked. You should go talk to him. He needs someone pretty to talk to."

"Thanks Sophia. You are too."

I walked over to Carl and saw him leaning up against a tree.

"Hey girl." He was a nice looking boy, but didn't look my type at first.

"Hey boy. The names Molly."

"I know. So, I saw you talking to Sophia. She's a chatter."

"Yeah, she told me to come talk to you."

"She thinks I like her and she doesn't want to talk to me so yea."

"Well, if you need someone to talk to, I'll be here."

I sat down next to him and fell asleep.

-

I woke up to screams and shaking.

"WAKE UP MOLLY NOW! WE'VE GOTTA GO!" It was Carl.

I got up and ran with him. I saw members of the group I hadn't met yet, getting torn apart by these such things called walkers. In the distance, I saw Sophia about to get attacked by one. I slowly started to lose hearing from the gunshots and saw a huge flame and everything went black.