Chapter 7-The Healing Process

Carls POV

I should've been in front of her. I should've took the shot. I started to cry.

"Stay strong Carl. She's gonna be fine. The bullet is only a few inches in and it's all in one piece unlike yours." Hershel said. Beth handed him tweezers and went in to get the bullet.

Molly was whimpering, then started to scream and laid down next to her and played with her fingers and fiddled with her palm.

"OWWW! URGH." She said in pain. Then she stopped moving her eyes wide open.

"Hershel. Is she breathing? HERSHEL!" I said panicking. I put my ear up to her heart, she had a heartbeat it was faint. When I lifted my head, the bullet was out and Molly was now calm. Hershel pulled up her shirt and rapped a bandage around her whole stomach 3 times.

"She'll wake up soon. I put a IV in her wrist and she'll be fine. When she wakes up, she will need help walking so I have these crutches." He handed them to me. I hugged him and cried in his arms.

"Thank you."

"No problem son."

He walked off and I pulled up a chair and sat there for a while. I fiddled with her hair and placed my hand on her chest. Her heartbeat was back to normal and her eyes were fluttering.

"Carl?" She said and coughed, she tried to sit up but she "urghed" in pain.

"Yes, I'm here." I put my hand on her head. She was as cool as a cucumber.

I grabbed her hand and helped her up. She whimpered a few times and pulled her shirt down. I handed her the crutches putting on under each of her tiny arms and she started to walk to Cell block C.

"Who shot me exactly?"

"You know what that's a good question."

We walked out to the outside and saw Daryl and Rick.

"Oh my god, is she alright?" Rick asked.

"Yeah, but we have questions."
She looked over at me not knowing the other question.

"Who shot molly?"

Tyreese walked up and raised his hand.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH!" I pushed him around punching him once. Then, Molly broke us up.

"Don't fight over me. I'm sure it was a accident." Molly said putting a hand on my shoulder.

"It was. I thought she was a walker." Tyreese said holding a hand under his bloody nose.

"Whatever. I was wondering if it was okay for Molly and I to lay together again tonight."
Molly shook her head behind me which made Rick sad.

"Yeah that's fine. She needs you." Rick smiled and so did Daryl.

"C'mon I'll walk you guys back." Daryl volunteered.

It was probably around 10.

Daryl was never the chatter type but that's all he did on the way back.

"That speech this mornin' Molly, what'd mean?"

"I was tired of everyone acting like kids around us. Just cause were a couple doesn't mean we need to get treated like babies."

Even though she was injured, she was still a damn sexy girl that I loved. I smiled at her.

On the way back, we ran into Hershel.

"How long will it be till Molly's healed?" I asked.

"Probably a week or so. We'll bring you guys breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday till then. So, you guys can relax and rest. Make sure you lock their door tonight, Daryl. We don't want no walkers here. Goodnight Kids."

"Goodnight Hershel. Thanks!" Molly said.

Daryl, Molly and I finally made it to cell block C. Daryl pulled out Dad walker and lit him on fire. He locked up the cell door and told us night. I took Molly's crutches and set them against the wall. I picked her up and put her in bed. She whimpered but giggled at the same time. I grabbed my hat and set it on her head and picked up the camera. When I turned around, she talked.

"You know what I miss?"

"What?"

"Your damn kisses"

I leaned in and kisses her cause she damn well needed and wanted it. Then, I took out the camera and we looked through the pictures we had taken before. We laughed together. Under the covers, I pinched her butt and she put her hand on me.

I couldn't help it but kiss her again. I was planning something special once she got better and oh would she love it. Right before I fell asleep, I heard her say:

"I love you Grimes."

"I love you too my love"

She moved her swollen body on mine. Her head on my chest, my chin on her temple. And we fell asleep like this every night for a week straight.