Chapter 5- The beginning of a new journey

Carls POV

I woke up seeing Molly still on my chest. Her iPod and camera on the floor. Something was covering my left eye, my hat. It was still kind of resting on her head. So, I moved it over a little and looked up.

My dad, Glenn, and Daryl were watching me.

"Son, did you do it with her?!?" My father screamed at me.

"Probably did. Seduced her maybe." Daryl smirked.

"Shut the hell up. She wanted me to lay with her cause she was scared. She trusts me." I felt her breathing on me.

"Well, if you did she's a goner." Glenn said walking away.

I didn't know what to say. I never had a way with words. I never had good relationships with anyone. I started to tear up, remembering my mom and Judith. Oh my god, I haven't told Molly yet. Shit, she was gonna go haywire.

I heard her heartbeat on mine. She moved a little still not waking. I started to play with her hair and then I picked up her camera and looked at the pictures we took last night. My favorite had to be the one with me kissing her and her smirking with my hat on. When I shut the camera off and set it back on the floor, she woke.

"IT'S ALIVVVVE." I said in the best evil scientist voice i could.

She started to laugh but held it in, I didn't know why. I looked over to where her scared helpless face was looking. Towards the front of our cell was a huge fat ass walker. She leaned back slowly and I got out of bed and grabbed my knife off of the counter slowly shutting the cell door. It heard me and ran to the door as soon as i shut it. I stuck my knife through the hole and stabbed it till the sucker fell to the hard cold cement ground. I ran to Molly starting to cry and held her.

"What's wrong?"

"That's that's-"

"Spit it out."

"That was my dad.."

"Oh god."

I held her while she wept in my arms. Her tears fell one after one on my arm til they stopped when Beth walked in.

"What happened here?" She said opening the gate kicking Molly's dad in the head a few times.

"Well, Molly just woke up and that walker came in." I said.

"Why y'all crying?"

"It was her dad."

"OH MY GOODNESS, I'm so sorry for kicking it."

"It's fine. I didn't like him anyway." She sniffled. Beth looked confused and told us breakfast was ready and said come down when your ready.

"What do you mean?"

"I'll tell you later."

"No, tell me now."

"NO, LEAVE ME ALONE!"

I knew she was just mad at herself and her father so I left her alone for a while climbing up to the top bunk. When she got up, i jumped down.

"I'm sorry Carl. I was just a little sad." She kissed me fast and we got dressed facing the opposite direction. When we were done, we walked to the outside exit and on the way she told me about her dad.

"My dad was at this jail for a reason ya know."

"Why was that?" I gulped.

"He killed my family. My grandparents. He murdered them. Tortured them in their sleep, Carl. That's why."