Chapter 4-The Clearing

Carls POV

I looked at Molly, seeing her face all shocked like she'd never seen a prison before. I smirked but then looked back so she didnt know I was looking at her. Glenn looked at me laughing. I stuck my middle finger up at the bastard. He put his hand on his mouth and started to batt his eyelashes like a little girl. I jumped out of the car and Molly followed. I heard a shoe running across the sidewalk. Molly had fallen and slid over to the car and caught her before she busted her head open.

"Thanks Carl." She looked into my eyes and hugged me. I didn't like it at first but then I hugged her back smiling.

We walked up to the prison, holding our weapons.

Mollys POV

 I was a little scared to see walkers to our sides and in front of us. My hands started to sweat and Carl looked at me.

"Are you okay, Molly?" He looked at my frozen face.

"Yeah, just a little nervous about this." He bent down and looked me straight in the eyes with his funky blue eyes sparkling from the sun.

"It's okay Molly, we'll get through this. Even if we have to kill all the sons of bitches."

I loved it when he cussed. I wanted to show him my bad side but I didn't want to get kicked out of the group.

"So who's died since I've been out?"

"Shane, Jim, Jacqui, Andrea, Dale, and Sophia."

I shook at the thought that Sophia had died.

"What? Did you say Sophia?"  I was sad, I really never got to meet her. She probably was a fighter, well.

"Yeah, she was a walker too. My dad killed her."

I looked at him and he gave me a little half smile he knew I loved. It turned me on too. We finally got to the prison gates and all that was heard was gunshots and stabbing. Carl and I didn't split up and fought them together. The first try I stabbed a walker, my knife didn't go through and Carl had to stab it.

"You gotta do it with force Molly or it'll kill. If i wasn't here, you would've been walker bait."

I walked off for a few minutes and practiced in the dirt until I heard a low cry. It was Carl. I ran over to him and saw he had a walker on him. I ran over stabbing it in head 5 times, getting blood all over my face and his. I was scared as shit and I threw up chunks. I wiped my mouth and Carl put his arm around me trying to help keep my balance. He looks up at me.

"Thanks."

-

Within a few hours, we cleared the whole outside and a little inside of the prison. We cleared two cell blocks and locked all the other ones to clear out later this week.

"All adults will sleep in cell block B and kids will sleep in cell block C." Rick assigned adults and children to cells. Carl and I the only children. We got our whole own cell block. But we had adults checking on us every once in a while. Even though we had a whole cell block to ourselves, we shared a cell. It smelled of armpit and blood. Probably a prisoner who wasn't very lucky.

Daryl walked in and checked on us. I was on the bottom and Carl on the top.

"No fun business okay fellas?" he asked.

"Whatda mean Daryl? We are only fourteen!" I said. Carl gave him and look and Daryl winked and left us alone.

It was quiet for quite some time. But someone broke the silence.