Chapter 17-New friends dont last

Carls POV

I ran out to my dad's side and pulled my gun from my hoister.

"What is it Dad?"

"There seems to be a boy down at the edge of the fence. A live boy. Go see what he wants."

Molly came running up behind me.

"Slow down there sheriff." Her sassy remark was pretty badass.

She caught up and was now ahead of me. She pulled out her gun from her back pocket. (I was staring at her pockets....)

"Whatda want rich kid?"

"I i was wondering if i could join your group. I lost my whole family a few miles back. I have no weapons and havent ate in a day or two. Who are you people?" The boy asked in a calm studderery tone.

"The question is who are you?" I asked handling it.

"Im Molly and this here is Carl." She put a hand on to my shoulder.

"It's okay, Carl. I've got it." She gave me a peck on the cheek and went back to socializing with this freak.

"I'm Stephen. Im not from around here. Im from Atlanta."

Mollys POV

I opened the gate and let him in. I checked his pockets and looked for any cuts or bruises. When i bent down to try to search his boots, he slapped my ass.

"Dat ass doe. Damn girl."

OH SHIT.

"Um, excuse me." Carl tapped his shoulder then he turned around. The next thing i heard was a slap to bare skin.

"DONT FUCK WITH MY WOMAN. BASTARD." Carl repetively punched him in the face, repeating the last word he said.

Rick ran up and pulled Carl away. Stephen has bruises from his neck up. He also had a bloody nose.

"Carl, no need to fight."

"But, he slapped Molly's ass." I heard Carl whisper to Rick.

"Ill have a talk with him AFTER he gets cleaned up by Hersh."

Rick took Stephen to the infirmary.

"Are you okay?" Carl asked me in a soft voice putting a arm around me.

I walked over to the fence and shut it with a long rope.

"Yeah, hes just a little snot anyway."

He smirked and we walked off to find Beth. She was talking with Daryl in the mess hall. Micchone was cooking some soup.

"What up?" Daryl asked.

Beth looked behind her shoulder and tapped the seat next to her.

We sat down and talked with them for a while.

"We gotta new comer." Carl said with a grunt.

"He kind of slapped my ass too." I blushed hiding my head between Carls shoulder and forearm.

"WHERE IS THIS NEW COMER?" Daryl got fiesty and I got up and whispered in his ear.

"Dont worry, Carl beat the shit out of him for you."

Carl looked over at me and cocked his head.

When i sat back down, he nudged me.

"What did you tell Daryl?"

"I'll tell you when we go to bed."

Micchone came out with some soup and a huge white shirt on.

Carl laughed.

"What do you think of my fairly attractive shirt?" She smiled.

"I think its perfect." Carl said laughing his head off.

I slurped down my soup, pretty much drinking it. I waited for Carl and Beth to get done. When they were finished, we went to the tower to keep watch.

By 10pm, Beth was tired and left. Leaving I and Carl alone.

"So, what did you tell Daryl?"

"I told him you took care of Stephen for me." I smiled a wide smile.

Next thing i knew, there was a tight scream from below.

Carls POV

Right before I was gonna kiss her, I heard a tight scream. I looked down to see that bastard getting attacked by 2 walkers. I remembered what he said having no weapons. His face was bloody and he was sweating to death.

"C'mon, we gotta atleast try to save him." Molly said, grabbing her gun and running down the stairs.

I pulled up my knife and followed.

By the time we got there, the walkers were on top of him. About to bite into his flesh, I ran to the walker and stabbed it.

The next one was already eating his right shoulder. It was too late. Molly pushed the walkers head in with the back of her gun.

Stephen was shaking violently and foam was forming in his mouth. Molly put his head in her lap and shed a tear.

"Im so sorry Stephen. I tried and so did Carl. I i i couldnt save you and im sorry for that."

"I i its alright. This world is h hell anyway. Jusst leeaave me h h here."

His eyes and body came to a stop. I felt his chest.

"He's gone." I said.

Molly suddenly broke down. I comforted her and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"We cant let him turn Carl. Its just wrong."

Before Molly could get up, Stephen did. His eyes sunken, his teeth black, and his eyes red. Molly backed up, her gun shaking in her hand.

I walked up to him. He wasnt fully a walker. He was slow. I sat on his legs and held his arms down. I then stabbed him between the eyes.

"Im so dumb. IM A DUMBASS! I CANT FUCKING LIVE LIKE THIS."

I turned around to see Molly crying and a gun to her head.