The X

Anastasia had just arrived back home after a serious day at work. She was so tired that she just wanted to make tea and watch the drama channel while eating Mexican food. Then Anastasia would take a hot bath, not without a glass of red wine of course, and then get into bed and read a novel by Agatha Christie. She wiped her feet on the doormat and then reached for her bag to get the keys. When she eventually found them and raised them to the keyhole, she realised the door was already slightly open. 

"Not today!" she muttered. 

She pushed open the door, and yelled, "I know you're there!"

A man's voice answered, "Anastasia, finally." 

It was Ian, her ex-boyfriend who was now stalking her. He had finally gotten her alone. This was not okay. 

She stared at Ian and told him the same sentence she said to him whenever she saw him, "I didn't like you that way, I was not ready for marriage!". 

But he just shook his head and continued to make advances, which disgusted her. 

Then the phone rang. Saved by the bell!

"If you tell them I am here, I will kill you," Ian whispered in her ear. 

Anastasia gulped and hesitantly answered the phone. 

She recognised that the phone number was her mother's " Is this an emergency, mum? Call me when I get home, I could use some help painting." 

She then hung up. Ian continued to tell her that they were meant for each other until he heard sirens and policemen. But, by then it was already too late. 

How did Anastasia's mum know she needed help? 

creds; @Zuriponsforevz