Taking Out The Trash

Ruth Beauford's body was crushed inside a trash compactor at around midnight. The police were called, and they immediately came to investigate. As the turned on the light, they saw the horrific scene which was perceived as an accident; a yellow trash compactor was splattered in blood. The officers shared a grave expression as they called for backup on the case. Detective Paige interviewed the man who found Beauford's body, who happened to be the company's vice president. 

"Did I have any relations with Miss Beauford? Yeah, we went out for a few months back, she broke it off," he explained, a distant expression on his face. 

"Please, tell me exactly how you found her body." Paige urged. 

"Well, I heard a strange noise coming from the trash room, so I went to go and investigate. I was here so late because it was my duty to lock up. Anyway, I went to the trash compactor, turned on the lights and found the trash compactor on and covered in red liquid, which is, obviously, unusual. I called 911 immediately," the vice president explained. 

Paige exchanged a knowing look with her colleague, then retrieved a pair of handcuffs from her bag, and said, "Sir, you're under arrest for the murder of Ruth Beauford. You have the right to remain silent."

How did she know he was the killer?

Creds: ebimoagbeotu