Dinner For Six

Six colleagues were having dinner together. The boss's chef had prepared an excellent three-course meal; Oysters for starters, chicken and rice for the main, and a tantalising chocolate mousse for the dessert. However, they never got past the main course.

They had each slurped their oysters, and all of them were looking forward to the main course. Everyone had each served themselves two pieces of chicken, and one lone chicken piece rested on an adorned silver platter, waiting for the dispute to begin on who would have the honour of eating it. After everyone had slowly eaten the fair share, everyone wanted to commit one of the seven deadly sins and greedily lunge for the last chicken piece. But no one did, although everyone was thinking of doing just that. Nobody jumped towards the platter, and nobody indulged in the last piece of chicken while all the other colleagues looked on with envy. 

The boss decided to take matters into his own hands, "Does anyone want the last piece of chicken?" 

Small murmurs echoed around the room, all of them in agreeing that they didn't want it. 

"Okay, well, if no one is going say it, I will," the boss said, "I'm sure we are all thinking the same thing. So, I'll tell you what, we will turn off the lights and whoever grabs the chicken first may have it without anyone having their dignity or reputation shattered. What do you say to that, boys?" 

Everyone nodded. The boss instructed his butler to turn off the lights. She did, and almost immediately there were sounds of scuffling. However, light filled the room after one of the colleagues screamed in pain. They found one of the youngest employees stabbed, lying on the floor yelling in agony, while blood dripped onto the grey carpet. 

The only thing is that none of the men, including the boss, had attempted to hurt him.

How did he get stabbed?

creds BobcatLynx