A Gathering Of False Friends

beep beep beep 

"Hey!" Emily said as she FaceTimed her friend Suzanne.

"Hey, Em!" Suzanne said, smiling. 

"Wassup!" A voice said from behind the blonde. 

"Oh, hey, Jean! You guys want to come over to my place? My mom and dad are out of town, and I'm alone... You guys want to have a picnic or go swimming at my house?" Emily asked. 

"Sounds awesome!" Suzanne said, "Can we invite Noah?" 

"The more the merrier!" Emily said. 

Even though the four friends were planning on spending time together, they all secretly hated one another and wanted to get away from each other. And, seeings Emily lived in a mansion, with a library, bowling alley, swimming pool and more, it was the perfect place to escape. They all greeted each other at the door, and each made their hurried excuses.  Suzanne went to the art room and started working on a blank canvas (not sticking the paintbrush in her mouth), Jean went to the library, and Noah went for a swim in the crystal clear pool which was (luckily) filled to the brim with water. 

A few hours later, the gardener found Emily stabbed to death in the courtyard. He hurriedly called the police and ambulance, but she could not be saved. The police, however, were determined to return justice. They interrogated each of the three 'friends'. All of their statements were flawless, and the police officer could not see fault or opportunity in which either of them could have killed Emily. 

"One last question," he asked the three teens,"Show me your hands." 

They all did. Suzanne's were covered in paint, Jean had one or two paper cuts, and Noah's were untouched. 

Who committed the crime?