Poppy

Poppy slurped her coke in the petrol station cafe. The theme song of the news chimed around the cafe, so she turned to face the small TV screen that stood by the cashier. 

"Two criminals have been making their way around Los Angeles, " their mugshots appeared on the screen, "After they escaped prison they haven't stopped wreaking havoc. They have been robbing banks, stealing cars and are accused with triple homicide. Please be careful! Don't let your guard down, for they have not been found yet! And now for the weather-" the Reporter said. 

The cashier turned to Poppy who had turned a pale shade of white from fear, "Oh, don't look so scared! They'll be found soon." 

Poppy placed the packet of chips and the coke on the table, which the cashier promptly scanned. 

"It's on the house, love," he said with a wink. 

Poppy smiled and thanked him. She exited, however she didn't get very far. When she was a few feet away from the car, the man from the news stood before her. The murderer, accused of triple homicide and four cases of theft. He twisted her arm behind her back, holding her mouth closed with his large hands. She kicked him in the shins, which made him yell in agony and release her. She ran to her car to escape him. She slammed the car door shut and sped off. 

***

"And, when did you last see the victim, sir?" the policeman asked, whilst scribbling notes in his small handbook. 

"I just, I can't believe I was the last to see her alive, " the cashier said. 

How did Poppy die? 

Creds to @asiangurlinlove