Out Fishing

"Come on, babe! Just for the weekend! I could be promoted if I follow through with this!" Hammond said to his wife, Bethany. 

Hammond had just broken the news to Bethany that his boss had invited him on a fishing trip. Usually, Bethany would have been completely okay with her husband leaving her for the weekend, she would've probably enjoyed some time to herself. The probem was this; she suspected that he was cheating on her. 

"Darling, do you have to go?" Bethany said, knowing that she couldn't change his mind. 

"Yes, I have to. Could you do me a favour? I need to go to work today, so could you pack my bags for me, sweetie?" 

Bethany rubbed her temples in frustration, "Yeah, sure. What do you need?"

"You know, the usual. Toiletries, some shorts, some t-shirts. Could you pack my blue silk pajamas? You know the one's you bought for me last winter? Those and, of course, my fishing kit?" 

"Okay, sure darling. Have a good day at work!" 

She did what he asked. When her husband came home from work, she kissed him goodbye and handed him his bags. He got into a taxi and drove off. 

Her husband returned on Monday, late in the afternoon. Bethany and Hammond watched their favourite series together, an awkward silence hanging over them like a dark cloud. 

"Did you catch lots of fish, love?" Bethany asked, hoping to break the silence. 

"Mhm." Hammond said, stuffing a handful of popcorn in his mouth, not looking at her. 

"What type of fish?" Bethany asked. 

"Oh, you know. Lots. Some carp, some salmon, I even caught some swordfish." 

"Well done, honey." Bethany said, dipping a chip in. some hummus. 

"Darling?"

"Mhm?" she said, really not interested in what he had to say.

"Why didn't you pack the pajamas I asked for?" Hammond asked, still not looking her in the eye and only focusing on the screen. 

"I want a divorce!" Bethany yelled. 

She knew that he had been cheating on her. What gave it away?