The Job Interview

"Mom, do you have to go?" Jenna said as she helped her mom pack her bags. 

"Honey, you know how great this job will be for us?! It will help us out so much!" Her mom explained. 

"But, do you think we will have move to Colorado? If you get the job?" Jenna slid her mom's laptop into the bag. 

"Oh, I hope so! The houses are so much cheaper there!" 

"Yeah, but-" Jenna started, but her dad came into the room, a sullen look on his face. 

"I'm going to miss you, honey," her dad said, kissing Jenna's mom. 

Jenna scoffed and slid her mother's make-up bag into the suitcase. Once they pulled away, her mom glanced at her watch and demanded that she must leave or she'd be late. 

The family accompanied the mother to the door and helped her pack her bags into the car. They then waved her off, and Jenna watched through teary eyes as her mother left the comfort of their driveway. 

***

Jenna woke with a start. She glanced at her clock. It was ten o' clock. Her mom must be back! It had been one long week without her mother at home and Jenna had missed her with all her heart. She left her bedroom with a rush and hopped down the stairs, two at a time. She walked past the grandfather clock, the desk which was adorned with pictures of the happy family, her grandmother's ashes, the laptop, a pile of magazines and flower vase. She stopped and looked at the flower vase. Those flowers were new and her mother's favourite! How cute! Her father must have bought them for her mother as a welcome back present! 

She entered the dining room to see her father, his head in his hands. 

"Dad...? Where's mom?" Jenna asked, unsurely. 

"Mom, mom isn't coming back. I'm sorry. She was murdered in Colorado on her way back from the interview." her dad explained, choking back tears. 

Jenna couldn't believe it. She must be dreaming. She ran back to her room and collapsed on her bed. Then the tears started flowing. Her mind raced. Once her tears ran dry, she finally was able to think straight. Shakily, she grasped for her telephone and called 911. 

"991, what's your emergency?" a soothing female voice said on the other end. 

"Hello? I would like to report a murder. My father has killed my mother." 

How did she know her father had killed her mother? 

creds to anonymousqtip