Do You Even Lift, Bro?

7:00 AM, Sunday, Chicago, Illinois 

Anthony had gotten up early to get to his early morning weightlifting class. He got there before anyone else, and seeings the door to the lifting room was open he walked right inside, with the intention of warming up his muscles before anyone else arrived. 

He was the best in his class; he lifted twice as much as the coach and 20kgs more than a professional boxer, Maurice. He had worked hard to achieve this goal for he practised more and more every day. He started with a few warm-up exercises, and not soon after, the rest of his classmates bustled in. 

That day Anthony lifted more than he had ever lifted before. He held the barbell high above his head; he was overwhelmed with pride, but then his hands started to burn like acid. Anthony threw the barbell to the ground in pain. He began to cough up blood, and not soon after, he was dead. Everyone rushed forward, but the coach told them to stay far away, and not to touch anything. 

The police arrived quickly and examined the body, but the found no bruises or scratches. So, they took everything Anthony had touched through to the forensic lab, where they examined it. They discovered that the barbell Anthony had been holding was coated with aconite, a substance from a poisonous flower. They checked the CCTV footage and found only that the previous night Maurice was the last student to exit, then the coach and finally the janitor. 

They interviewed the suspects, and they gave the following statements: 

Maurice: I left late because I took a shower, you know, plumbing problem at my house atm. But, I never had anything against Anthony. Sure, he could lift five times as much weight as I could, and I did hate that, but it just encourged me to push myself. 

Coach: I always hated the fact that he was better than my son, Maurice, but I was proud that he was my student. Then again, he could lift more than myself, which isn't a good thing as the coach. But why would I ever kill such a charming young man, who was my student?! 

Janitor: Sure, I was in late, I had to clean it, I mean that's my job. I think I left the door open... But, I never met Anthony, why would I kill someone I never met? Do I have any grudges with the coach? Hell yes, I mean, my payment? Hella low. And no respect from him, I would love to kick his- 

Who killed Anthony? 

creds to @Krishy_