As Still As A Statue

Lindsay Taylor was found dead early on a Monday morning. She had been stabbed to death. They found the murderer in another room; he had killed himself and left a note saying that he had killed Lindsay out of envy. He had been jealous of her amazing 4-ton statue and found himself unable to cope with an artwork better than his. The problem was, where was this 4-ton statue? They searched the house, determined to find the statue for it could hold more evidence about the case. Mary-Loo called another cop to the scene, for they could not find a 4-ton statue, a statue of any kind, anywhere. She went outside to meet him. 

As their feet hit the gravel drive way, making a satisfying crunching sound, Mary-Loo called to the other cop, "Strange that a 4-ton statue can just go missing like that?!" she exclaimed. 

"I don't know either, ML, you're the best detective in town if you can't figure it out, no one can." the other cop complimented. 

They did a double run through of the house, checking rooms that hadn't been found before, such as the basement and the pantry. No success. 

Mary-Loo decided to rest the case for a few days to interrogate friends who knew Lindsay. But, as they were about to drive away, Mary-Loo exclaimed, "I know where the statue is!" 

Where was the statue?   

Creds to @ebimoagbeotu