Evening Gala

"Sir, we need you on the scene!" Sergeant Blue told Detective Inspector Jay.

"What is the scene?" Jay asked.

"Millionaire. Shot dead. Bullet still in forehead. Three sons left behind. Name was Hudson."

"I'm on it."

He rushed to the house, where he found the young adult men sitting on a celebrity couch, dabbing their eyes with paisley handkerchiefs.

"Okay, I'll interview you all seperately. But, you go first," Jay said, pointing at the son who looked like the oldest.

"I'm Michael. Well, the family had just gotten home from an evening Gala. When we entered the living room, father locked the door. He then started yelling at us, Gerard in particular," he said, blaming  the youngest, " he had been misbehaving. Anyway, what happened is dad marched up the stairs, still muttering under his breath. Then, Gerard shot him as he was walking up from the living room. I don't know where the gun came from. It just sort of... happened."

"I saw what Michael saw," Matthew said, the middle child, "Gerard shot dad as he was walking up the stairs. There's nothing more to say."

"I didn't come back the same time my brothers did. I got a little... caught up at the party. I saw this girl. She happened to be Michael's ex, but she was amazing! Anyway, one thing led to another and dot dot dot. So I got home, and I found dad dead. It was too late."

Who lied?