Trick-Or-Treat

"Halloween? Who doesn't love Halloween?!" Abigail squealed while she struggled to fit into her pumpkin costume. 

"Well, most of the world actually. Lots of places don't celebrate Halloween," Abigail's brother, Martin said, grumpily. 

"Why you in such a mood today, huh? Come on, it's-" Abigail started. 

"Halloween, yeah I know. If you must know, I was invited to Zinnia's party and now, I can't go because of you! I have to look after you." Martin frowned. 

"Zinnia's your girlfriend?!" 

"She's just a friend!"

"MOM! Martin's got a girlfriend!"

"NO! I don't! You know I don't, mom! Abigail! Stop!" Martin yelled. 

Abigail, finally managing to squeeze inside her costume looked at Martin with joyful eyes. She couldn't wait to get started! 

"Right, Abigail, once you have calmed down, I'll explain the rules. It's your first time trick-or-treating. I've put a flashlight in your treat bucket. And, here, " Martin explained, handing over a flip-phone, "This phone only has my number on it. You call me if we get separated. There are lots of nasty people out there. Only go to areas you know well, like the small forest for example."

"Abigail, darling," Abigail's mother called from the kitchen, "if you run into any of daddy's scary businessmen, run. Dad had to cut a few people loose, so be careful, they might want to get back at dad."

"Mom, are you sure she can't just stay here?" Martin begged. 

"Of course not! Look at how excited she is!" their mother said, gesturing at the happy eight-year-old. 

"Alright, Abby, here we go!" Martin said, unenthusiastically. 

They walked out the front door and passed their neighbour, who was watering his petunias. He shot them a glare. 

"You kids, be careful. Wouldn't want anything to happen to you," he said, ominously. 

Abigail smiled at him, but Martin grabbed her hand and pulled her so that she walked faster. 

"Don't talk to strangers! Don't go into stranger's houses, okay? We go to the houses whose owners we know well. Don't want anything to happen to you," Martin warned. 

Martin and Abigail visited many different houses until Abigail let go of Martin's hand while he was talking to a friend to go to a house to get some more candy. She then went into the wood, thinking it would be safe, because Martin had told her that she may go to places she knew well. 

Martin hurriedly broke off the conversation and ran after her, calling her name. Once deep in the wood, Martin, desperately came across a man he recignised from his dad's work if he had seen his sister, he said he hadn't. 

A few hours later, Martin was standing over the body of his dead sister. 

Who killed her, even though she followed the precautions to an extent? 

creds anonymousQtip