He Cheated Part 2

Here's part 2 for you amazing people!

_________________________________________________________________________

It’s been 2 days. 2 days since you found out that you’re beloved boyfriend had cheated on you. You haven’t left the house, your friends were furious at Niall and very worried about you. Your phone had been buzzing constantly, most of the messages from Niall, apologising, but you stopped reading them after a while.

You were on your couch in your pyjamas, with a tub of ice cream and The Notebook playing, this was kind of your regular routine for the past couple of days and it probably wasn’t going to stop anytime soon. Your phone rang again for the millionth time, you groaned and looked at the caller ID, it was Harry, your eyebrows furrowed, Harry was a good friend of your since you started to date Niall, but it was the first time he actually called you since the break up. Hesitantly you picked up the phone

“Hello” you said meekly

“Y/N?...oh my god you replied thank god, how are you?” he asked his voice shocked that you answered.

“I’m….i’m ok, why are you calling me Harry?” you asked wanting the conversation to be over already.

“Y/N I’m really worried about you, i saw the pictures and…..well, I don’t know what to say, I’m sorry Y/N, I really am, Niall has being going crazy, he’s not himself, he’s not smiling, I hear him crying at night, he’s constantly trying to find ways to contact you including phoning all of your friends….who understandably weren’t very nice to him.” Harry let out and huge sigh and carried on, “He almost started a fight with one of the interviewers today because they were  asking too many questions about what he did and ….it wasn’t pretty.” He finished.

Niall was normally such a fun, loveable, happy guy, it was very rare that he got angry, but when he did, he was really out there.

“Y/N? you still there?” Harry asked, realising you hadn’t talked for quite a while.

“I’m here. Harry what he did is unforgive….” You stopped mid-sentence when you heard a very familiar Irish accent, it was Niall, it sounded like he just realised Harry was talking to you on the phone, you could hear him saying

“Is that Y/N?” he asked fast and hopefully. Harry stayed silent

“Harry I’m being serious, tell me now! Is that Y/N, gimmie the phone” You heard Niall say. You could hear the phone being passed to Niall….oh no you weren’t ready to talk to him, you didn’t want anything to do with him. You felt your heart beat speed up, all you wanted to do was end the call but for some reason you couldn’t, you just froze.

“Y/N? Princess?” Niall asked his voice in just a whisper. You didn’t reply.

“Y/N please….i-i-I’m begging you please talk to me, I’m such an idiot, no worse than that. I can’t forgive myself, I don’t deserve you I know that, I hate myself so much. What is wrong with me”  He sniffled, his voice was cracking with each new word that he said.

“I know that I don’t deserve your forgiveness, but please give me a chance, I can’t believe I hurt you, I promised I wouldn’t and I have…..” he couldn’t get all of his words out because he was crying too much.

“I-i….” You tried to speak

“RIGHT BOYS TIME TO GET ON STAGE” you heard a voice in the background say.

“No I’m not going anywhere, I need to talk to…” Niall started

“You can talk to whoever that is later Niall, no ifs no buts. Nothing. Ok? Now go out there, your fans are waiting!” the man said.

“You can’t tell me what to do!” Niall shouted back. Then you heard Harry’s voice, “Niall…”

“NO” Niall shouted. “I’m sick of everything, I just want to be home with my princess, I’ve messed up big time, I don’t even know if she wants to know me right now, and she is the most important thing right now and I’m not giving up!” he finished.

Niall must have forgotten you were on the other line, or he must have thought you hung up by now. But something was telling you to keep on listening. You know what Niall did was unforgiveable, you also know that he was drunk, which is still no excuse. But at the same time, you’ve never known Niall to sound this upset or stick up for you like this.

You heard Niall speak again “Do you know what I don’t care who you call because I am no……” The call ended, you looked at your phone and it said connection lost.

*1 day later*

You were still shocked about what had happened on that phone call yesterday. Whilst reminiscing about what Niall had said, your phone buzzed signalling you had a text. It was from Harry

Look outside your window

What? Now you were confused! Why would he text you such a thing from hundreds of miles away, nevertheless you still went to your bedroom window and pulled open the curtains. You looked out into the distance and couldn’t see anything…….

You looked into your front garden and that’s when you saw it. ‘I’m sorry’ was written on your front lawn with flowers. You quickly ran downstairs and opened the front door, to which Niall was standing. You froze, looking into his beautiful blue eyes. The boy who you had missed for weeks, the boy who broke your heart in a split second, the boy who you still loved very much, standing right there in front of you. Not miles and miles away like you thought, nope. Right here.

“Y/N i promise you that I never meant to hurt you. I didn’t know what I was doing, what I did was a stupid mistake and I know this is just a drop in the ocean to how sorry I am and that I need to do much more to prove I’m sorry. But this is a start, I’m here for you, I promise I’ll always be here for you, even when you don’t want me to, I’ll be the one to pick you back up if you’re ever down, I’ll be the one to love you, like no other. I’ll be the one.” He took your hand in his gently, as if he was scared you wouldn’t like it, you squeezed it to signal that it was fine.

“Y/N I love you and I don’t know what I’d do without you.” He whispered, his face leaning closer to yours. That’s when you felt it, the love that has always been there and always will be. You love him and yes he made a huge mistake, but you know he’ll never do it ever again and he’ll do his best to prove to you that he is sorry. But him just being here, getting off tour to be with you, to show how sorry he is, was just enough to show you how much he loved you.

“I love you too” you replied, closing the space in between you with a kiss.