He lets the fame get to his head

"YES" you heard a roar of screams coming from the living room, the boys were over at Niall and yours flat watching a football (soccer) match, you laughed at how crazy they got every time one of the teams scored a goal.

"Y/n!?" You heard Niall call you, so you walked into the room. "Yeah babe?" you asked. "Get me some crisps" you raised your eyebrow, "Get you some crisps what......"

Niall spoke not taking his eyes off of the screen to look at you, "Erm....get me some crisps...now?" you rolled your eyes shaking your head as you walked out of the room to get him his crisps. Lately Niall had become rude, like the other day when you both went out to eat he demanded to see the manager just because they didn't have something that was written on the menu, and it was something he didn't even like anyway. He'd become really picky with everything, whether it's the way you iron his clothes or what food you make and you were sick of it.

"Here" you said giving Niall the packet, "Babe, make us some pizza too, the lads are probably starving" you let out a sigh, this was the last straw, you love the boys and would gladly make them something to eat, but the fact that Niall didn't ask nicely just made you annoyed. The boys sensed your mood change and they completely understood why, they had also noticed Niall's change in behaviour recently. "N-no it's fine y/n we're not hungry, we'll just order something later on," Liam said giving you a comforting smile.

"Nonsense! Y/n will make it she doesn't mind" Niall quickly interjected. "No Niall" you spoke. Niall looked up at you finally paying his full attention to you, "What do you mean no?" he asked. "I mean exactly that. No." you challenged. The boys started to feel the awkward tension and took this as their cue to leave, "We should go it's getting late" Harry started to say, until Niall cut him off. "No you guys stay." Staring at them hard until they sat straight back down, knowing Niall wouldn't let them leave anytime soon.

Then Niall turned his attention back to you, "What is wrong with you y/n?" He asked in a rude manner as usual. This just made you more mad, "What's wrong with me? HA! Are you seriously asking me that Niall? The question is what's wrong with you. Where's the Niall I used to know, the sweet caring one, who actually considered my feelings? Huh? You're treating me like I'm one of your servants, not your girlfriend. I'm not one of your 'workers' Niall, you can't just tell me what to do all of the time, I know it might be hard for you to believe but out here in the real world we don't have professional people to make your bed, or make you food or iron your clothes. No. We do it by ourselves, what makes you think you're so special to d...." you weren't finished talking but Niall interjected

"Well I can't help it, what do you expect I'm Ni....."

"You even finish that sentence Niall, I swear to God I'm going to walk out of here for good. You're not seriously going to play the 'I'm Niall Horan card' are you?" you said furiously.

"I don't see what the problem is!" Niall said his voice getting louder. You looked at him disbelievingly, how can he not see what the problem was, instead of carrying on talking knowing it wouldn't be worth it, he just wouldn't listen, you just walked out of the room and went into your room and lay on the bed, letting the tears that you had held in for so long finally come out.

Louis walked up to Niall and hit him over the head. "Ouch Lou what the hell?" Niall shouted. "Niall you bloody idiot! You can't treat her like that!!!" he shouted getting mad. Louis having a girlfriend and loads of sisters had a great experience with girls and he knew the way Niall had been acting was unacceptable.

"How do you not see how stuck up your being especially towards y/n. The poor girl can't keep up with your mood swings lately. She's supposed to be your girlfriend not your babysitter. You've treated her horribly over the past couple of weeks; do you not see how much she's done for you already? Always working her time around your schedule, making sure you come home to some decent food, I could carry on but even I know you're not stupid enough to not know what I'm talking about." Louis finished. Realisation hit Niall, how could he not have seen all of this before, he's acted like a complete idiot towards you, without even thinking Niall pushed Louis out of the way and ran up to your bedroom. There he saw you silently sobbing, your back towards him, seeing you like this made his heart drop, how could he have done this. How could he have been so stupid, dumb a total prick.

He slowly walked over to the bed and sat down beside you, putting a hand on your shoulder making you jump a little. "Y/n...?" You heard Niall softly speak. You turned around to look at him, when Niall saw your tear stained face his heart ached even more, he hated himself more than ever right now.

"Princess I've been so stupid. I don't know what came over me these past couple of weeks. I know saying sorry isn't going to condone any of my behaviour, or make anything better but I really am sorry. I've never been more sorry in my entire life. I can't..." he sniffled a little; it was killing him to see you like this. "I can't believe I treated you that way, it wasn't acceptable at all and I'm so so sorry, you deserve to be treated like a princess, you're my princess, and I promise to you I'll make it up to you. I'm still the same old Niall I was when we met, I just lost my way these past few weeks, but you, yeah you, you're the one who's kept me grounded. I know I don't deserve your forgiveness, but please do forgive me," he pleaded, his eyes watering a little, tears threatening to spill.

You knew Niall was truly sorry, he never meant for any of this to happen. You nodded your head slowly accepting his apology. His face brightened up a little after that. "Good, now c'mon" he said holding his hand out, you looked at his hand puzzled but held on to it as you both got off the bed. "Where are we going?" you asked confused. Niall chuckled a little; "I'm taking you on one of our spontaneous dates" he smiled. Niall and you always go on cute little spontaneous dates, they were usually at the cinemas, bowling etc. "But...but it's late and I'm not dressed properly and the boys are here" you said. "You're perfect. The boys will understand trust me. Remember that star gazing we planned on doing?" he asked, you nodded your head. Niall and you had planned to lie underneath the stars and just talk and enjoy each other's presence. "It's a clear night, let's do it" he smiled. "well....okay then let's go" you smiled happily holding on to his hands.

"I love you y/n don't ever forget that" he said kissing you. "I love you too."

---------------------------------------------------------

Hope you like it x

Check out my on going story which is a Niall Horan AU called 'Breaking down the bad boy.'
It would mean a lot. Thank you :) x