You see him back with his ex after your break up

H/ex/n = His ex's name

----------

"Don't you think this restaurant's just a little too.....posh...for our little catch up?" You asked your friend as she walked in through the double doors behind you.

Looking around, everyone was dressed in formal attire, the tables had little lanterns on, and the chairs were a gold colour with red cushions on.

"It is, I thought we could use a treat tonight," she winked.

A man dressed in a grey suit with two menu's in his hand approached you, he looked to be in his late forties or early fifties, judging by the prominent grey moustache which looked like he could twiddle the ends with his fingers.

"Good evening ladies, table for two?"

"Yeah," you replied politely.

"Right this way madame's" he directed walking towards the back of the restaurant, as you followed the waiter your friend quickly put a hand out in front of you almost making you trip. You turned a little and glared, "What was that for?"

She had a sorry expression on her face then nodded her head to her right, you looked in the direction she was signalling and your heart dropped.

Sitting there at a table right in the corner by the window was your ex boyfriend Niall, if that wasn't bad enough you looked at the gorgeous girl sitting in front of him, it was his ex girlfriend before you.

"I-"

A throat cleared, "Ladies....your table," the waiter called gaining attention from a few of the guests, you looked towards the table he had placed the menu's down and wanted to crawl away and hide right there, it was next to Niall's and he was looking right at you.

You walked up to the table, your friend quietly asked the waiter if there were any other tables that you could move to, the waiter replied with, "I'm sorry we're booked up for the next hour, unless you want to wait...."

"No it's okay," you smiled shaking your head, "Thank you," you added, he nodded his head a little and walked away.

You took your seat and let out a sigh.

"Listen y/n, we can go if you want. I completely understand," your friend spoke up looking at you with sympathetic eyes.

You shook your head, "It's okay, I can get through this.....I think," you added quietly.

Your break up with Niall wasn't the worst but it wasn't the best either.

Flashback

"We can't do this anymore y/n" Niall whispered lowly.

"What do you mean?" You had been discussing how much you're both missing out together on because of how much Niall is gone from home, the discussion got a bit louder and turned into a minor argument.

Niall swallowed the lump in his throat and ran a hand through his hair, then he looked up and you saw his glassy eyes and you had an uneasy feeling of what he was about to say.

"I....I think we should break up,"

"Why?" Your voice cracked.

"You deserve better y/n, I just don't think I'm the one that can give you that, I'm sorry. We shouldn't...no I am breaking up with you,"

You shook your head crying, letting a few of the tears roll down your cheek, "You're not serious," you whispered.

Niall rubbed his eyes, you could tell he was trying to be the strong one for you both right now. "You and I both know it's....for the best prin-y/n"