New Year's Eve

This year for New Years you were in London. Currently there were lots and lots of people surrounding you as you all watched the London Eye and Big Ben, waiting for the fireworks. There was still about 10 minutes left.

"Let's go stand near the back a bit, in that corner, trust me we'll get a much better view and we won't be crushed," you friend suggested.

You nodded your head agreeing as well as her boyfriend who had his arms around her waist. Yeah you were kinda third wheeling tonight, although in your defence you and your friend had made the plans first. They were such a cute couple, but it could be annoying at times, especially when seeing them reminded you of how lonely you were.

Together you walked further back and into a corner where there were less people.

"This is so cool," she grinned.

"It is," you answered smiling.

"Yeah," her boyfriend kissed her on the temple, making her blush.

You looked away not wanting to interrupt their little 'moment'.

Whilst you stepped back, you accidentally stepped on someone's foot causing you to swiftly turn around and almost fall into the person unless they didn't catch you.
"I'm so sorry" you apologised quickly brushing off your jeans.

"Hey it's no problem. Are you okay?" Your head shot up, he had a really deep Irish accent, once you looked to see who it was, you immediately recognised him.

"Yeah I'm fine. Sorry again, I'm really clumsy," you apologised.

"Don't worry about it," he shook his head. "I'm Niall," he stuck his hand out for you to shake. "Y/n" you replied shaking his hand.

"Well y/n it's a pleasure to meet you, and happy New Years," he smiled genuinely.

"Happy New Years to you too," you replied.

"Is that your friends?" Niall asked pointing behind you. You turned around and widened your eyes, your friend and her boyfriend were literally sucking the life out of each other.

"Gross" you muttered turning back to Niall. With a shy nod, you replied, "Yeah," before turning back around and saying a bit louder, "Come on guys, it's not even midnight yet,"

They heard you and both broke out of the kiss, but were still laughing with each other.

Being a third wheel sucks.

"It does doesn't it," Niall agreed. You didn't realise you had said that sentence out loud.

Niall pointed behind him to a girl and boy around his age, "That's my cousin and the girl he's with is his girlfriend. So I guess we're both third wheels tonight," he shrugged grinning.

Finding a new sense of confidence you spoke, "Well, if we all hang out here together, we'll no longer technically be third wheeling,"

"Yeah, you took the words right out of my mouth," Niall agreed.

"GUYS 30 SECONDS," Someone from the crowd shouted.

...10
...
....
3...2....1

"HAPPY NEW YEAR" Everyone cheered, you looked around to see the couples kissing and friends hugging.

Before you could even turn to look at Niall he brought you in a hug. "Happy new year," he said a little loudly over he cheers of the crowd. You said it back and that's when a load of fireworks went off, sending everyone into a look of awe at how pretty they were.

Ten minutes later after the fireworks display, a song played called Auld Lang Syne and it was tradition to hold hands with the people next to you and sing along. So that's exactly what you did, one hand was in Niall's and the other was with your best friend.

Together you sang and cheered, laughing every now and then.

*45 minutes later*

Your friends and Niall's cousin and girlfriend seemed to hit it off so after the show you decided to go get a coffee from one of the cafe's close by.

After ordering a few drinks to go since it was really late, you all walked out and stared to bid your goodbyes.

"It was really nice to meet you y/n"

"Yeah you too," you smiled at Niall.

"Thanks for ringing in the new year with me, I don't know what I would have done without you," he joked.

"Me too," you chuckled, "it was fun." You added.

"We should hang out again sometime," he suggested, "Preferably when we're not third wheeling,"

"Yeah, we should," you agreed.

You both exchanged phone numbers.

After hanging out with Niall quite a lot after that, let's just say, next New Year's Eve you definitely weren't spending it alone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This one wasn't that great, I wasn't sure what to write sorry :/

But anyway HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! Have a good one. Anyone got any resolutions?