Beach

You were at one of your favourite places in the world. The beach. It was always such a relaxing place where you could collect your thoughts. You came with your two best friends, who, if you had to describe them in one word….crazy. But you loved them.

“Guys I’m just going for a walk along the beach for a while” you told them. They nodded their heads and buried their faces back into their books, lying down trying to catch a tan.

You first decided to head over to the ice cream truck and get one.

“Thank you” you said to the server handing you your ice cream and then continued walking along the sand admiring the view. There weren’t too many people on the beach for once, it was quite quiet. Although it was a very big beach so everyone was probably on the other side. There were a few guys and girls playing volleyball, you smiled at the competitiveness of them. There were some children building sand castles whilst their parents tried to relax. Finally you looked towards the sea, the ocean waves bringing a sense of tranquillity around you making you smile to yourself.

“WATCH OUT” You heard someone shout before a ball came flying your way knocking onto your arm making you drop your ice cream and stumble a little. You looked up to try and see who threw the ball before looking at your arm that it hit. It was fine just hurt a little, so you rubbed it.

“I am SO sorry are you okay?” A voice startled you making you jump back a little. You looked up eyes widened when you realised just who it was, you shook your head from your thoughts. “It’s fine I’m okay” you replied. “Are you sure?” He asked raising an eyebrow. “Yeah.”

“Oh no your ice cream,” he said pointing towards the sand where it had now turned to mush. “Don’t worry about it, I wasn’t that hungry anyways.”

“Nonsense, I’ll buy you another one” he offered. “No, seriously it’s fine…..”

“I’m not taking no for an answer.” He insisted, you smiled defeated “Okay.”

“Great” his grin widened. “I’m Niall by the way” he smiled stretching his hand out. “Jaedan,” you smiled. “Jaedan….beautiful name” he said smiling making a light blush appear on your cheeks.

“NIALL WHAT’S GOING ON?” You heard someone shout. Niall turned around placing his hand up signalling for him to wait a minute. “Erm..I’ll be right back, I just need to tell the guys…..” he trailed off, you nodded your head understandingly “Okay.”

You watched him interact with his friends, you recognised two of them to be Louis and Liam, you saw Louis looking at you and he waved smirking, you smiled and waved back, he then turned to Niall to say something making Niall hit him upside the head making you laugh.

He then jogged back over to you “Sorry about that” Niall chuckled nervously. “Shall we?” He said placing a hand on the small of your back guiding you in the opposite direction of his friends. This little action sent tingles down your spine.

A few minutes later you were still walking along the beach, laughing at a few comments Niall had said and both of you making small conversations with each other. Every now and then your fingers brushed past each other making you smile contently.

“Ah here we are” Niall acknowledged. “What flavour would you like?” He asked. “err….cookie dough” you smiled. “Ahhh cookie dough kinda girl ey….i like that” he winked before turning towards the server. “Can I have two cookie dough ice creams please,” he asked. “Sure sir, medium or large?” he asked. “Large” Niall asked without hesitating. “Sure thing sir,” he smiled.

You turned to Niall “That’s too much Niall, you didn’t have to, I only got a medium before, I’ll pay you the extra” you reasoned. Niall shook his head rapidly “No way, it’s totally fine don’t worry. Besides what kinda ‘gentleman’ would I be if I let you pay for it” he cheekily grinned making you roll your eyes playfully. “Well…if you’re sure….” You trailed off. “I am.” He said confidently.

“Here you go guys.” The guy smiled handing you your ice creams. “Thanks man” Niall said before paying and grabbing his.

“Sooo………” Niall trailed off as you both started walking again. “Do you come here often?” he asked making you laugh at his cheesy line, his face went a little red after realising what he said “Oh that was really cheesy wasn’t it?” he laughed. You nodded your head “Yeah…just a bit” You giggled. “You have a cute laugh.” He observed. You raised your eyebrows “Really?”

“Yeah” he chuckled. “Thanks.” You replied.

“Well….my friends are over there” You said pointing towards the two who were still engrossed in their books. “oh…big readers?” Niall asked looking towards them. You nodded your head “Definitely.”

“Well…it was nice to meet you Jaedan and sorry again about the ball….you know” he said referring to your arm. “Stop apologising it’s fine” you chuckled. “The ice cream definitely made up for it.” You assured making his face brighten, “I’m glad,” he replied.

“I had a nice time talking to you Jaedan” he admitted. “Could we err….i mean if you want…I’d love to hang out with you again sometime.” He finished making you smile ten times wider, Niall looked a little nervous at your answer.

“I’d love that,” you answered. “Wow. Cool I can’t wait.” He said with a huge grin on his face. You both exchanged details.

“I’ll see you soon then Jaedan, bye” Niall said leaning in to kiss your cheek making you blush. “Bye” you whispered waving to him as he walked away.