You meet on holiday

Your friends and you decided to take a girls holiday to Dubai, so here you were having a well deserved break and soaking up the sun.

For the most part of the day you were lounging by the pool and taking a dip every now and then.

It was now about 9pm and your friends were tired so decided to go to bed early. Since it was only the second night, jet-lag was affecting you all in different ways. You couldn't sleep, so decided to go for a walk around the resort.

You found an empty balcony which overlooked the sea, you couldn't see the sea properly since it was dark but hearing the sound of the waves calmed you down. You were resting against the balcony for about fifteen minutes before you heard a shuffling sound behind you, making you turn around.

"Oh sorry I didn't mean to scare you," the person apologised

"Oh it's okay," you replied.

"Do you mind if I....." He asked signalling towards the space next to you, overlooking the sea.

"No of course not, go ahead." You smiled.

You both turned back around and took in the scenery. You closed your eyes getting lost to the sound of the waves crashing against the rocks.

"It's so peaceful out here," the guy next to you whispered, you didn't know whether he was talking to himself or you, but just in case you decided to answer anyway.

"Yeah it is."

"Sorry I didn't even introduce myself, I'm Niall." He smiled holding his hand out for you to shake.

"I'm y/n."

"It's nice to meet you. How long have you been in Dubai for?"

"I flew in with a few of my friends yesterday. You?"

"No way, me too."

You both chatted for a few more minutes.

"Do you want to come and take a walk on the beach with me?" Niall offered.

"I'd love to," you replied.

*15 minutes later*

"There is NO way that you can stay underwater for 3 minutes I don't believe you," you laughed. Niall was telling you about an underwater swimming competition he had with his friends today in the pool and apparently he was the winner.

Niall chuckled, "You don't believe me?"

You shook your head, "Definitely not,"

He placed a hand on his heart and faked hurt, "That really hurts."

You both bursted out laughing. Niall was a really nice guy, he was fun, outgoing, and easy to talk to.

You were both walking along the shore, you had your shoes in your hand, your bare feet felt cool against the damp sand.

"Wow look at all the stars out tonight," you pointed towards the clear night sky.

"It's incredible," Niall muttered.

Suddenly you felt a splash of water on your arm making you jump and let out a little squeal. You looked up to see a laughing Niall,

"Niall did you just splash water on me!?"

He shrugged his shoulders smirking, "I have no idea what you're talking about y/n."

You raised an eyebrow in question, "Oh really?"

He nodded his head, "Yes. Really."

"So then you wouldn't mind if I did this........"

Before he could reply you kicked some water onto Niall then started laughing at his reaction.

"I'm so getting you back for that," he chuckled splashing more water towards you. Suddenly you were both in a full on water fight by the sea. You tried running away but Niall ran up behind you and grabbed you by the waist pulling you back, both of you laughing along the way.

Half an hour and a lot more splashes later you were both sitting on the sand, Niall grabbed two towels from a nearby hut and gave you one to warm yourself up a bit.

"That was fun." You smiled.

"It was. We need to hang out again sometime." He replied.

"When?" You asked.

"How about tomorrow?"

"Yeah, sounds good."

"It's getting late. We should go." Niall advised.

You both got up and walked towards the elevators. "What floor are you?" Niall asked. "24" you replied. He clicked on to the number 24.

"Aren't you going to click on your floor number?" You asked.

"I thought I'd be a gentleman and walk you to your room," he replied grinning making a faint blush appear on your cheeks.

"You don't have to," you said quietly.

He shook his head, "I want to."

You reached your room, "Well this is me, thanks for....tonight."

"No problem. Thanks for hanging out with me," he replied smiling.

"We're still on for tomorrow right?" He asked.

You nodded your head, "Yeah."

You and Niall came up with the idea of having breakfast together with your friends and his.

"We'll meet you here in the morning then." He stated.

"Sounds good." You replied.

"Good night y/n," Niall smiled leaning in for a hug which you gladly accepted. "Night Niall."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I'm not too sure about this one but I hope you like it!!

Also I've been uploading for a very long time now and have never done this before, so if anybody has any questions to ask me, whether it's about One Direction, or any sort of advice or things about me then feel free to ask me in the comments below and I'll answer them all on my next upload :) x