Fire

"Babe I went to the store and got that pastry thing you like so I'm gonna heat that up, is that okay?" You asked Niall. He nodded his head a little "yeah yeah sure" he muttered. You furrowed your eyebrows "What's wrong?" You asked. "It's just...I want something home made, something that you can cook from scratch you know. I'm on the road a lot and eat out of packets all the time, it gets old after a while. I don't mind that you can't cook but........."

You cut him off "What do you mean I can't cook?" You asked raising your eyebrow. "I just assumed......"

"You assumed wrong. Don't worry I'll cook you something,"

"Oh no princess you don't have to I'm just being stupid," he quickly said feeling a little guilty. You shook your head "No no it's fine, I want to." You assured before walking into the kitchen to get started.

Half an hour later you were well on your way to preparing a very good home made meal. You turned away from the cooker moving towards the sink to wash a few dishes when you heard a clash sound then a bang making you immediately jump and turn around. Your eyes widened at the scene before you 'oh my god' you muttered. Your heart started racing, it felt like your body was stiff. A fire had started from the cooker and there was no way past it, you were blocked and the door was closed, opening it could make it worse.

You did the first thing you could think of "NIALL HELP"

"Y/N Y/N WHAT'S GOING ON?" you heard his muffled voice concerned. "THERE'S A FIRE I CAN'T...I CAN'T MOVE,"

"HOLD ON PRINCESS EVERYTHINGS GOING TO BE OKAY"

Frantically Niall tried to opens the kitchen door which was jammed. Firstly he called the fire engine department after that he did the next best thing he could think of and kicked the door open, smoke immediately pouring into the room causing Niall to cough and splutter.

He ran into the kitchen avoiding the flames until he got to you, you were coughing and trying to gasp for air "oh my god Y/n I'm here I'm here. Stay awake for me baby. I've got you" he frantically said picking you up bridal style and placing you in another room and closing the door.

He grabbed the fire extinguisher and got rid of the flames. After he tried to deal with the kitchen, he ran back to you.

You were still laying there on the couch barely conscious, you only heard bits of what he was saying everything was slowing down then speeding up at the same time, your head was all over the place.

"Come quick she's losing conscious" you heard Niall's voice frantically speak. "We're gonna take you to the hospital now princess. Don't worry I'm gonna be here every step" those were the last words you heard before darkness took over.

*2 hours later*

You opened your eyes slowly, having to open and close them a few times because of the intensity.

You looked around taking in your surroundings realising you were in the hospital. You looked to your left to see a blonde head of hair resting next to your hand which was intertwined with his. You ran your hand through his hair immediately startling him as he jumped up

"Y/N you're awake thank god" he said relieved. "Do you want anything? Water?" He asked. "Water" you whispered. He grabbed the glass next to the bed you were on and helped you drink it.

Your eyes widened realising what had happened "oh my...Niall...the fire...I'm so so so sorry this is all my fault oh my god I'm sor......."

"Hey hey hey stop apologising!" He cut you off. "This isn't your fault,"

"But it is, I've ruined everything...." Niall shook his head "Don't say that. I don't care about all that stuff, the kitchen we can replace that. We can't replace you. You scared me Y/n, I don't know what I would have done if you....if you...." He couldn't finish his sentence, the words getting stuck in his throat tears threatening to spill "I know I know." You said rubbing calming circles over his hand.

"I love you SO much y/n." He whispered kissing your hand delicately before turning his gaze onto you. "I love you too."

A few minutes later the doctor came in to check everything,he said you had to stay overnight for observation, but you had a lucky escape, if it wasn't for Niall, it could have been a lot worse.

"Well.....that's the last time I'm gonna cook" you joked. Niall chuckled "You got that right.....unless I'm in the kitchen with you" he winked.

"So you're definitely not mad about the whole me burning the kitchen thing?" You asked fiddling your fingers guilt over coming you. Niall took your face in his hands forcing you to look at him "This. Is. Not. Your. Fault. Okay?"

You nodded your head. "Don't feel guilty for this, as long as you're okay that's all that matters to me. I don't care if the whole house burnt down as long you're safe," he smiled kissing your forehead, then your nose and finally leaving a soft lingering kiss on your lips.

"Lay with me?" You asked patting the side next to you on the hospital bed. He immediately tugged the covers a little so he could sit next to you. He wrapped his arms around your body pulling you into his side and started to play with the loose strands of your hair.

He nuzzled his face into your hair kissing it lightly before mumbling "I'll always protect you, no matter what."