You can't sleep

You turned to look at the time, it was 3am making you groan out loud, you just couldn't sleep for some reason, you tried everything but it didn't work. You turned to look at your peaceful sleeping boyfriend beside you, he looked so cute, like he didn't have a care in the world.

You tossed and turned a little, trying to find a comfortable position, it still didn't work

"y/n?" you heard a sleepy voice whisper coming from next to you. You turned towards Niall, his eyes were squinting since they were still full of sleep, his voice was gruff. "Babe? What time is it?"

"Err 3:30am" you said innocently. Niall's eyes widened "Christ babe, what are you doing up" he asked waking up a little now. "Can't sleep" you whined. Niall chuckled a little shaking his head, he sat up resting his head against the headboard, running his hand through his hair and rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

"Right" he said. "Well we can't have you not sleeping, do you want me to sing you a lullaby or tell you a bedtime story" he winked joking.
You laughed a little, sitting up next to him "Niall go back to sleep, I'm sorry"

He shook his head "don't worry about it, I can't sleep knowing that you can't either" he said doing that boyish grin. "you're sweet"
"Of course I am" he joked making you hit him lightly on the shoulder, he put his hand on his shoulder fake hurting "ouch!! No violence y/n,"

"I don't know what to do to help me sleep" you whined. Niall wrapped his arms around you running his hands through your hair comfortingly, whilst you rested your head on his shoulder. "Hmmmm lets just talk for a bit and see how that goes?" He suggested. You nodded your head agreeing.

"Well let's start by actually lying down, come here" he motioned for you two to lay down besides each other. Snuggling up to his back, whilst he wrapped his arms around you, spooning you.

You could feel his warm breaths on your back, making your skin tingle, this was definitely relaxing you. Niall kissed the back of your head leaving his lips to linger there, his voice turned to a calm whisper "How you feeling now princess?"

"A lot more relaxed, thank you"

"Anything for you" he replied.

You still weren't fully tired, you were about to say something when Niall spoke up "Have I ever told you that I ship us?"

You furrowed your eyebrows I'm confusion "what on earth are you talking about Niall?"

"You know shipping....us....I ship us, I think it's the best ship out there, definitely my otp" he carried on making you laugh "Niall.....you've been spending too much time on twitter,"

He chuckled "Yeah i guess I am,"

*half an hour later*

You still couldn't sleep, Niall had tried talking for a while but he was quiet for the last 5 minutes

"Niall are you sleeping?" You whispered. You heard him answer "Me? Sleeping? Of course not, who sleeps at 4:10 in the morning?" He joked, making you laugh a little and roll your eyes "I'm so sorry for keeping you awake babe, I feel so bad"

"Don't be silly, I like staying awake with you, it's nice when it's just us two, in silence, enjoying each other's company, in fact I love times like this," he explained, making you smile. "It is nice, sometimes we barely get any time to ourselves"

"I love you y/n, I know I say that a lot but I really do mean it. This life i have, it's not ideal relationship wise, but you have no idea how much it means to me that you've stuck around and you're here for the long run. I don't think I could do any of this without you" he said, you turned your head a little and Niall leaned in to peck you on the lips. "I wouldn't have it any other way Niall" you said.

He rubbed soothing circles on your arms, you were slowly becoming more and more tired, your eyes drooping. After a few more minutes you completely fell asleep, overcome by darkness.

Niall noticed and smiled at your sleeping state. He kissed you on the cheek and whispered
"Goodnight princess."