"I'm scared"

"Niall what's wrong?" You asked concerned. He had been acting weird all day, at first you thought it was nothing and that he'd get over it, but he was still acting the same and it was starting to make you a little worried. You were both sat on the couch watching pointless TV shows, but Niall barely showed any interest he kept looking towards the wall or constantly chewing the end of his nails and even biting the tip of his thumb lightly, he did all this when there was something on his mind, something that was bothering him.

He snapped out of his trance and looked towards you "Nothing princess," he assured. "You sure?" You asked disbelievingly. He nodded his head "Positive."

"Okay...." You trailed off. Niall put his arm around you bringing you closer to him and kissed your temple softly "I love you, you know that right?" he asked quietly. "I know...I love you too," you smiled; Niall's body seemed to relax a little before he turned to look at the TV again.

*15 minutes later*

You sighed deeply "Niall you're doing it again" you stated. He looked at you furrowing his eyebrows "Doing what?"

"Acting weird, you keep playing with your fingers, sighing loudly and....i bet you're not even watching this programme," you said trying to prove your point. "I am watching" he quickly counter acted. "Oh really?" you asked raising your eyebrow, "So what's it about?" you asked a small smirk appearing on your lips.

"Errr...." Niall stuttered rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "Well?" you asked. "....birds.....?" he said uneasily, "Birds?" You asked not sure if you heard him right, he nodded his head slowly, "Niall we're watching The Big Bang theory," you laughed.

"Oh......" he trailed off.

"So? Tell me what's the matter, maybe I can help," you said softly. He shook his head, "Nothing's the matter...I'm just tired and got a lot on my mind, I think I'm going to go have a shower it might help," he finished before getting up, giving you a quick peck on the lips and walking up the stairs quickly.

You sighed a little disappointed that he couldn't tell you what was wrong. You knew he didn't mean anything rudely by not telling the truth, Niall was the kind of person who didn't like to burden others with his problems. But there was a small part of you which was worried that maybe you were the problem, had you done something to annoy him?

After about half an hour you were sure Niall was out of the shower so decided to go up to your shared bedroom. You were about to walk in when you heard Niall talking on the phone sounding worried, you weren't one to eavesdrop but a little part of the conversation wouldn't hurt.

"No this is serious Louis, I'm gonna mess it up! I know it." He said with worry in his voice.

There was a pause before Niall started talking again "no but what if I...." He stopped talking again probably being cut off by Louis.

You decided it wasn't right to carry on listening in so slowly walked in to the room, Niall sensed you entering and quickly spun around giving you a small smile before speaking to Louis

"Ok Louis I gotta go. Yeah, okay...thanks bye." He ended the call.

He must have noticed the hurt look that appeared on your face, you couldn't help it, somehow you felt like you had done something wrong. He quickly walked up to you wrapping you in his arms

"Hey princess....what's wrong?" He asked softly. "I should be asking you that," you mumbled but he still heard. He sighed deeply before looking at you intently, he was soothingly brushing his fingers up and down your arm comfortingly.

"I'm so sorry for being a little closed off y/n. I just....." He took a deep breath before continuing "I'm scared," he said, you furrowed your eyebrows in confusion, he noticed your actions and began to elaborate.

"I've never been in a serious relationship before. Sure I've had girlfriends but I've never once felt anything as close to what I feel for you and that scares me.... I'm not a relationship person and I don't want to ruin this between us... but I feel like somehow I will."

He just poured his heart out in front of you, how could you not love him.

You placed you hands around his neck playing with the short ends of his hair at the back of his head. He brought his hands around your waist pulling you closer to him as he ran his hands up and down your back sending shivers down your spine.

"I'm scared too," you admitted quietly. "But I know that together....we can do anything. You won't ruin it Niall, everything's worth a risk" You carried on.

A small smile appeared on Niall's face as he nodded "I love you so much y/n. More than you'll ever know. You're my future. And you my gorgeous girl...are definitely worth the risk, I'd travel around the world a thousand times over if it meant I could be with you." He finished. All thoughts were cut off when you felt Niall's soft lips press upon yours, the kiss explained things words couldn't. Both of you couldn't have been happier.