You're both friends and get stuck because of the snow

This is quite a long one!!
And I also wanted to say I got this idea after reading an imagine called 'Winter Cabin' it's really good. So if you've read it, it's similar to that.

----------------------------

The roads were blocked. You looked outside the window of the cottage, a layer of snow was blanketed over everything in sight. You were all supposed to spend a nice getaway in the countryside, all being a group of friends including Niall. You were supposed to drive here with one of your other friends but she got sick so Niall offered to drive you here instead. Both of you were the first ones to set off, everyone else was supposed to be here tonight, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen anymore.

"I'll show you around," Niall spoke breaking you out of your thoughts.

You smiled turning around and followed him as he walked through the different rooms, telling you where everything was. It was a cute old fashioned cottage, it had quite a few rooms. The wood looked freshly polished. There was a wood fire with a frame of a little cottage hanging on top.

"...and this is the kitchen," he gestured walking in and leaning against a counter.

"Wow, this place is amazing, it's a shame the others won't be able to enjoy all this tonight,"

"I know," Niall said taking out his phone and glancing at it, "Or tomorrow it looks like," he said with a small frown.

"What do you mean?"

"The snow's gotten worse," he answered putting it back in his pocket.

"Oh,"

"Yeah, but it's okay, this may not be planned. But I'm not that bad am I?" He grinned.

"Not at all," you chuckled.

"Good, if the snow clears we can head back....you know in case it gets even worse after. But for now it looks like we're staying here for the night" He decided hesitantly.

You nodded your head agreeing. He looked really cute standing there with a look you couldn't decipher and a snuggle jumper. He ran a hand through his hair, "So, what do you want to do?"

*30 mins later

You both decided to watch Taken, it was a mutual decision. Niall was shocked when you said you liked it because it was one of his favourite films.

You were both sitting on the couch, with a blanket big enough to cover you both without you actually having to snuggle up, although you wouldn't have minded that. You felt a little blush creep up on your cheeks at the thought of it.

Before you knew it, the night had ended. You ended up getting really sleepy and headed to bed along with Niall. Separate bedrooms of course.

*Next day*

As soon as you woke up you walked downstairs to see Niall looking outside of the window as he was on the phone.

"Right....okay...sure...bye"

"Who was that?" You asked startling him. He spun around, "Oh, it was y/f/n he said the snows not cleared at all, looks like we're here for another day."

"Oh"

You were kind of glad to be having some alone time with Niall, even if it was under these circumstances. Just then your stomach rumbled making you cough awkwardly and blush. Niall let out a little laugh and winked, "Come on. Let me make you some breakfast," he walked past you placing his hands on your hips to move you aside as he walked into the kitchen.

You watched him pour boiling hot water into two mugs, "Damn Horan you should be a chef," you joked.

He caught onto the sarcasm in your voice sending you a look, but played along anyway, "That was definitely the dream. Not this singing shit, being a cook was always number one." You laughed making a smile appear on his face showing his faint dimple.